Jealousy

Jealousy/grudge... what is it? Professional one. Personal one. No matter which one. Have you ever faced this phenomenon? How do you suggest to deal with this? How do YOU deal with it? Thank you.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Oh, Onee )))) such a great example you recalled...siblins... I guess I will never forget how jealous I was when my parents brought (they told they had bought...lol..usual parents/kids lie..heh) my younger sister. I was sometimes so furious....God how funny it sounds now. Cos my sister is the best friend of mine ever existed now. I can't imagine my life without her...

Thanks so much for such a kind comment which has brought a smile to my lips.  

• Nice topic OM, but you know i cant comment on this hehehe. 

• Your visit itself is highly appreciated here, dear Glo ))) Thank you so much for coming in ))))) Hope to see you here when I have time to chat.

• that's very kind of you my dear! mwahhh!!!!

• Oi there folks,

I would be the king of liars if I said that I never felt the pang of jealousy....i did, and it hurt, hurt, hurt all the way down to the bone marrow! Especially if it was evoked by MY girl friend going to the dance hall with THAT creep! There was nothing I could do except swallow the bitter pill and pretend that nothing special happened. No matter how hard was my bone marrow hurt, I usually envied the creep's smarteness for doing me out of my date. In such cases I felt a grudge towards my girlf friend for doing THAT to me, but it did not stop me from taking her to the dance hall the following week, harbouring a wonderful feeling of contempt deep inside me.

So, we can say that jealousy and envy live door to door yet the grudge lives way down the street, not always having anything to do with these two feelings as all three feeling have different root causes. Jealousy is evoked by the fear of losing something [a girl friend, for instance] to someone else while envy more often than not refers to wanting something that someone else has - for example: a fast car, a well paid job, and finally the grudge....that awful feeling of having been done wrong by somebody in the past. 

Now, how to handle such situations in life....no need to commit suicide...just swallow the bitter pill and try to enjoy life the best you can. 

• I have to say that I also like your comment on the topic, Rys ))) You are a great storyteller, I felt everything as if I were you )) Gosh..how good you are with your advice to swallow the bitter pill and try to enjoy life... Only I happened to be on the other side of the barricade...I was the one being envied and who couldn't recognize that feeling toward me. I'm getting just blind helping others...and all of a sudden finding them sitting over my neck...hhh....or even head.

I guess I will never learn...haha...But there is still something positive in such lessons....I am so freaky good in swallowing those pills )) lol

Thanks a bunch for honoring me with your visit and comment )))

(btw...I used to say a lot that phrase "Thanks a bunch" and I do like it...However, great was my surprise when I heard that it has a sarcastic connotation...Do you have anything to say about it? Thanks in advance, Rys)

Great weekend to you ))

• Haha... I like your answer, rys ;)) And I agree with most of it. Can be tough, though! XD  

But one thing that usually helps me, when I feel the sudden pang of jealousy, is to ask myself: "do I miss being with that person? Or do I miss that feeling being with someone I love?" It usually turns out that I only miss that feeling. And it's not about the person. So, I can spare swallowing bitter pills, or having grudges, and just remind myself: "I don't even want to be with that person! I miss that feeling... and there are so many great guys around... I have the opportunity to date someone new, and find my perfect match". :-DDD  Well, this is just how I handle those feelings. ;) 

• Lol, NotA )) thanks so much for dropping in here ))))

Yes, just like that. We love the feelings that some certain people cause in us ))) in most cases, not the person himself. Here...you show such a great example of fueling our ego ))) And yeah, thanks for sharing your experience how to cope with that. Useful one. ))) 

• Evenif it needs courage to swallow the bitter pill I agreed on that

• I think Jealousy  could be natural or can be developed from how we raised up. the way our partents raised up has its own impact in our behevior. Like that of comparing our performance our style ,our apperaince with others and the like. At this time ,rather than improving our selves we start to develop hate for the one who referd as brave ,beautiful,clever by our partnts.  This kind of jealousy could be heald through time while our underestanding for the real wrold improves. On the other hand it could be inborn. I don't have any explanation for these kind of jealousey,but I saw many jealous people who cannot accept any argument and clarification except listinging their thoughts. these kind of people sometimes herts people even to death.

This reply was deleted.