Replies

• Hey Tara , I'm new member here form Middle East trying to learn English as well.

About your question I tried to practise how to speak English by myself but I found it tough without a tauter or someone expert who can correct my mistakes.and I really need some help.

Thank you.

• Yeah...a litle by trotting Some speech like: do you want realy take me on??
  • yea that the best way to speak  a lone  talk with your pens bage and every thing a round  you . i can help you  how you could if you ask me . good luck

• ya tara it would be possible , we can improve our speaking in english my self . How?? we can do it just like we are speech ,we can speak in front of mirror and start to speaking with our self. But better if we practice our english not alone because it will help us to know whether our word is true or not, our pronounc and etc. Thats i think ..

• As a learner of English I belong to so-called auditory learning style and  it's quiet natural for me to speak to myself. While I'm getting ready for something important (making a speech, conducting a demonstrative lesson, preparing for some workshops....), I'm speaking to myself and this helps me to arrange my thoughts in a proper way, to choose the appropriate vocabulary and grammar.....

• This reply was deleted.
    • well concerne to whether is possible to speak alone or not, i think it´s just a metter of believe cuz i   can  advocate that if we can recit or meditate  poems words or something else alone why not we can speak alone ? well it´s possible if you believe, there are many ways to overcome this issue,  you can either  record your voice or make an english monologue if you are able to. 

• Hi,

Dear Tara,

I think it is possible. Since it is so difficult to find someone to talk with, it's better to practice it alone. What I was doing was recording my voice and picked a topic and started talking about it while recording. Then, I listened to myself and realized how well or bad I was talking. Another way is to listen to a story and try to retell it by your own words. It's difficult but it's really helpful. 

I'm still not very good at speaking but I'm improved so much by this way. At least I can manage real life situation.

Best wishes,

• I've tried also to record my own voice, I'm supposed to have en interview with a journalist which ask about a topic that I really enjoy... it' s not bad a tall to improve speaking

• What about with a mirror? Have you ever tried that?

This reply was deleted.