Imagination

Let's imagine the following situation:

You bought an old house.

During the renovation of this old house, you find a very old wooden box in the attic. The box is locked, but you cannot find the key to this box.

You shake the box and like a miracle, the lock opens by itself.

You're excited and curious and want to know what's in this box. You open the box, take out the content, and are shocked.

What's in this box and why are you shocked about it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am now telling you about my idea of the contents of the box:

In this box are many small drawings that show a woman wearing clothes that appear to be from the 17th century. What shocked me is the fact that this woman looks like me. Your resemblance to me is amazing when I don't think of old-fashioned clothes and hairstyle.
I just wonder how that can be. I am shocked and speechless.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it's your turn to tell us what you've found in the box.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That's what a bad writer would come up with when they don't know how to end their story. 

• HHHH thank you for your compliment, which I am not interested in

• d40442de7d05f40e9ddcb031654b725f.jpg?profile=RESIZE_400x

• In what world that's a compliment?

• Let me guess two things!

1. A love letter....

2. Gold coins of midieval period.

• I'd pick the gold coins for sure :D

• Inside the box, I found a robot which can speak all languages in the world and is willing to help anybody with foreign language learning in a simple yet effective way. That's what I have been longing for such a long time.

• And the robot is called 'Google'.

• Inside the box, there are a ring and an old piece of paper that says: "Put on the ring and became a child again". 

•       I found a book with leathery green cover full of beautiful collection of inspirational quotations about happiness. I’ll write one of them; May the winds be gentle. May the waves be calm. May the elements smile on all our wishes.  What really shook me is; nevertheless the book was written in ancient ages but its quotes are similar to the once in ours. My friend, it seems the happiness is the lost aim at all times. God bless you and your family as well.

This reply was deleted.