I just met a friend of mine who is also my neighbour. She said that a few minutes before a young boy came to her, said that his mother was hospitalized. He needed money and asked her to help him. My friend was in a position between believing and not. On one hand, as a human being, she knew that she had to help people who needed help but, on the other hand, he could be lying because such things happened sometimes. So she asked him to go to the head village's home (you can say so) to prove that he was true. But after he had gone, she felt sorry. "What if he's true?" her heart said.

What if it happened to you? Would you help that guy and gave the money he asked?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for your comment, Deepa. Well, perhaps my friend couldn't see through his eyes because it was a little bit dark (he came to her on the street, when she just got out of her house gate). :)

• i'd give him 2 cents....get out of my way!

• Okay. Thanks for leaving a comment.

• I used to give money for strangers.... but after some incidents ( actually MANY incidents) when I was fooled ....no.... I don't do this....My husband always does it and I'm angry with him.... but he always says that he feels guilty that some people have such a poor life.....

• I'm sorry to hear that you had experienced many incidents. It seems that you husband always think that all people are honest. :)

• .....and I think that all people are dishonest......lol.....

• Lol! :))

• This is a very difficult question.Actually, this happened to me once. My family and I were traveling and suddenly a mature guy on the street asked money and he said he has lost. The amount of money was much. However, we didn't give him that much money, my dad gave him half of it. We also didn't know if he was telling the truth or he was a thief. I think if someone asks for a lot of money, he/she may be cheating on you. 

Sometimes they send children to ask money because this is dealing with your emotions. If you see a kid asking for money, you are most probably willing to help because you have more sympathy for the kid than an adult. But, I believe we can understand if something is true or not.  

• Yeah, it's weird if they ask a lot of money. If they really need, they mustn't do that. They should accept the money we give no matter how less it is. Thanks for your sharing, Nafis. 

• Assalmualikum Chandra

First a fall I will collect information from him and think whether he is telling  right or wrong . If I will satisfy I will give him or In short I will visit hospital and call to hospital and  get information from hospital staff and help him. and sent message to my friends group ( If anybody want to earn good deed help him in sake of Allah ) .Nowadays investigation is important because few peoples have a habit to collect money for wrong purpose showing they are needy

This reply was deleted.