I like reading because...

Reading is one of my passions especially during my free time. I would like to invite you to answer the phrase above. There's no wrong or right answer for this one. I would like to know your opinion why Reading is a nice activity. 

Books, magazines, newspapers, and novels are some common reading materials that enthuse people.

You can also share your tips too, if you have any. This would benefit our fellow members. Thanks in advance. : )

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I totally agree with you, Adaline! Reading improves our writing - the two language skills that are important in attaining English fluency. The more we read, the more we can express ourselves through blogging. 

Many, many thanks for your comment!

Stay safe,

Robbie

• Great Robbie...I must thank you for striking up this topic, I have went through the previous comments and I must tell you I have learnt a lot from the answers most of our members dished out.

Meanwhile, reading I must say is one the most essential, fastest and easiest way of learning new language. Am an avid reader, it was in the course of my reading that I stumbled upon myEC website. So if I don't read, I wouldn't have come in contact with you in the first place.

Secondly, if it happened that i'm a visual reader, I'm sure that I 'll always find it very difficult to learn new words.

#pardon my bad way of expressing myself.
  • Dear Robbie, I used to read books a lot in my own language, but since I started learning English I try to read books in English so it hinders my reading, but it's great and I love it. I really like inspirational books and biographies of great people.
    Sometimes I enjoy reading a book a lot so I read it again. It's like I am trying to digest all those great thoughts and ideas with all my heartand mind.
    I always think the invention of alphabet that enables humans to transfer their ideas and thoughts is such a wonderful one. It's just a great habit to read books. We have a saying in Persian that books are our best friends.
  • Hello, Lica!

I'm glad you also like reading! I agree with you, there's always something to learn when we take the time to read. 

Thank you for sharing your views about this topic! 

Take care,

Robbie

• It was a pleasure. :) You post very nice discussions!!

• Thanks, again! :)

• Dear Robbie, I read few pages while I commuted to work on every working day. If it is interesting I will make sure to complete that book before bed. Reading improving my concentration. Not like watching TV you have to focus when you read. I think I remember almost every book I read( If I see the cover, straight way I know what is in side). I think reading is increasing our memory too. When I read some novels, I do feel like one of the character. So reading increasing our imagination too. I think children's story book is very good for beginners in English. Simply I read any thing and every thing.

• Hi Robbie!! I like reading because I can learn new things, know about places and people, and also have fun and even cry. For me it's like watching a movie in my own pace and seeing the characters my way. I

• Hi Deepa!

How are you? I agree with you, reading is a relaxing activity for the body, and a mental exercise for the brain. Keep on reading useful texts, blogs or books! Thank you for your participation on this topic. 

Take care,

Robbie

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hi Suhaib,

Yes, you're right! If reading becomes our habit, it would increase our knowledge thus provide opportunities for the future.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Wishing you fantastic learning experience in this club.

See you around,

Robbie

This reply was deleted.