I am sick of my bad grammar :-(

I love to challenge my writing by write blogs .I always do that but some of my friends told me that my grammar is not good (and I get that they mean my grammar is awful :-P) I knew that already .

actually I have never studied grammar ..I tried a few weeks ago to start reading but I CANT PUT THE RULES IN MY MIND .when I wanna start speaking according what I learnt about grammar ..after a while i figure out WOW I am just thinking how to speak ,OMG I even forgot to what I wanted to say :-( OMG I have feeling such I do not know even a word in English ...

Now friends could you please share me the way that you learnt grammar and speaking to gather ,how could it possible to think about rules and speak ?:-( LOL another truth is I always speak according Persian grammar in English and worse then that I always write my blogs according Persian grammar not all of them but most of that ;))))

Thanks for your help :D 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Correction

I'm not worried.

You can write your errors, so you can't repeat them again.

Keep up the progress Sima

Sami

• Dear Sima,

Firstly, I would like to say that you should not let it to get to you, right? Instead, remember that even scholars and the best English speakers in the world will still make Grammar mistakes! Nobody is perfect and everybody will do that sooner or later! So please don't worry about that because being able to effortlessly convey your message, without thinking about tedious Grammar rules, is already a gift that you should be proud of, right? I used to think too much about Grammar rules in order to sound super correct, but believe me, that was extremely BORING, not only for me, but also for the others around. So just forget what the critics say, right? It doesn't matter at all!

Secondly, it is consensus that the best way to achieve Grammar proficiency is by reading a lot of books on topics YOU enjoy! A lot of researchers say that reading or studying Grammar books do not give fluency or correctness to anyone, EVER! I, myself, am a living proof of that truth! So read what YOU enjoy! Read about your favorite music band, singer, culture, whatever! Just read what YOU enjoy the most because it must be pleasurable to YOU, not to so and so, right? Also, listening to correct spoken English by native speakers will help you a lot! For example, podcasts on whatever topic you like, audio books so that you can read and listen to correct English at the same time etc.

Finally, there are many other enjoyable ways to skyrocket your English Grammar! So just take the time to google! Then read, watch and listen to what YOU like and you will start to feel the grammatically correct way of speaking English, just like the native speakers do!

And if you want, please check these websites: successfulenglish.com, effortlessenglish.com, thelinguist.com

Hope you'll enjoy them and improve your Grammar as I did (according to my belief)! :) Good luck!

Successful English — Clear explanations and practical suggestions for better English.
    Successful English is a place for English as a second language (ESL) and foreign language (EFL) learners to come to learn how to improve their Englis…
    • Dear  David Monteiro  ,what a nice word I love the way that you told me about forget about grammar .

Your words were full of cares and I love the way that ppl like you are ...You has to be  so valuable for the ppl around you :))) and I am happy that I have some of your advice and care here ...you made me smile :))))

Yes and I think you are really right :))) 

I must start from the stuff that I really like and enjoy ,this help me  a lot for sure ,you are completely Right :D 

OWWW and finally thanks million times for great site :))) 

I am sure I will enjoy cuz someone introduce me that care about ppl 

and I wanna say I really appreciate your comment here and I am so glad to have your VALUABLE comment in my discussion :D:D 

BE HAPPY ALWAYS 

take care : )))))))

• This reply was deleted.
    • Dear  Alireza Bahrami Zadeh  ..Thanks a lot : )))

This is advice of one of my good teacher ..he said the same ..as you said he said I must trying to read more books :D 

I am sure your grammar is good cuz of this method that is why you offered me that :)))

Have a great time and welcome to EC 

• Hi Sima,
    I see that you got some good advice from friends but I want to add one thing since you are concerned about tense. You probably remember that English has regular verbs which follow the rules and then we have irregular verbs. Those don't follow all the rules. My best suggestion to you is to start out thinking about if you are talking about something that has already happened ( past tense) or if you are talking about something happening now or later on.

I think you mostly have trouble with the past tense and present so you can take a list of common verbs showing present and past tense to check when you are writing.

Noa is right that you will do better if you are writing and I know that Farsi grammar will try to come in to the writing but check your list of verbs and the tense. That should help a lot. There are many lists of verbs on the Internet if search for "English verbs, past and present tense, list". Those search terms should help you find some good lists of the most common verbs.
    • My dear friend Mr Bob ,How are u ?

LOL I have not seen you in while why ?

Thanks a lot for your valuable comment Mr .Bob ..I wish I can write my next blog such as noa someday :D :DD 

She is perfect in writing :D and I will act according your advice :D 

Thank for your care : )))))

• Hello Sis ,first of all I wanna say I love you :-* and I miss you and after that I wanna say that I do not have any problem in while I am speaking In english ,my problem is the time that I start to writing something ,,,when I really cant take away the rules about persian language in my mind .
      and after that what a great site sis :D
      it seems amazing ....
      and in the end Thanks for your encouragement :D :D :D

• Hello dear  LArisa Welcome English club girl ..

I am so happy that my discussion is the first discussion that u have answered in English club : )))

Yes surely the way that you have mentioned it is one of greatest way for learning grammar :D

Thanks for your help :D

Have a great time : )))))))))))) 

• I will help you my friend. start with simple present tense. If you want to say anything generally or general truths or telling about whatever you do on regular basis, you should use this tense.

If the subject is I or We

then the rule is 

I/We + simple present verb

Ex

I eat two breads.

We go home together.

I want to sleep.

The subject is He/She / It then the rule is

He/She/It + simple present verb + s/es 

Ex

She smiles at me

He looks very tall

It gives milk

Cow gives milk

• WOW thanks a lot for your help dear subbulakshmi my problem is this tense...

Has been breathing =

and all of my problem is with would and might and should :DDDDD

Thanks million times for your help :D  

This reply was deleted.