A difficult person is someone who has a bad attitude. He or she could be arrogant, rude and self-centered.

Did you have any experience with him or her? How did you cope with the situation? Kindly cite your story on the comment box below.

Thank you in advance!

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• High five, Onee-chan! :)

• I have always been dealing with such people with 'MY INDIFFERENCE ATTITUDE' I used to show them as they do not exist. It however, takes a bit time. For example, at work place, if a colleague of mine showed some irresponsible attitude, I never showed my reaction. Carried out with them as it was nothing. Later on all of them got straight. By arguing or showing displeasure, it gives no result, but if you make them realize that they have no importance in your eyes, it would make them straight.

• Hi Robbie,

I found 1 here in EC today accusing me of something that I don't do. Lol, so incidentally I just read this topic on your blog Robbie. Hmm well.. I want members of EC to understand that I joined EC in order to improve my English communication, learn from any level of you but not to have headache with this kind of people. Please respect each other. If don't like what somebody wrote in their blog just ignore it. Don't burden your head with the issues, topics or articles. Just focus that we are here to learn English, to improve our skills.

Peace No War!

• I have attended a course regarding dealing with difficult customers, most of them are good men in a bad day, some are trying to be difficult to get what they want, kinds of strategy type. Very low percentage are really psychopathy. So for me I will not jump into conclusion but try to understand and listen, analyze and see what are the best way to deal with them. And try to keep my emotion away and just look into the situation instead of the person. 

• Thank you for your comment, Halima!

• 4 me I c their is no need to make any efforts to deal with this kind of people, but don't try to treat him likewise the way he treats you, be cuz that will badly affecte on your character, and son you I'll be like him.
  • no need to tell the story but the only solution in egnoring this kind of people.

• I agree with you, Lucy! It's important to draw the line when it comes to extending our patience to those difficult people in our lives. If they do not change their bad behavior, no one would help them but themselves. 

Nice to see you back on MyEC! Thank you for your comment.

Robbie :)

• Thank you for sharing your views about this topic, Setareh! It's true and a common observation that when we find out the true color of a person (especially if it's a negative one) could turn us off. The situation would get worse when we need to deal with them because they're part of a team.

• Nice question and I think that difficult persons have problems to live with themself :D I hope I m not talking from own experience but I think that assertive attitude is the best way ... however, sometimes it is also good idea and punishment to make idiots of such people in the public :D
This reply was deleted.