How far is it possible?

Let me recall my memory.  

Yes, she was not a very attractive girl.  Very thin and not very attractive.  I had to encourage and praise her so that she could catch up on her studies and get rid of her gloom.  I made her be convinced that she is beautiful within her own personality.

And I was surprised that she really started to look beautiful and attractive.

How far is it possible or it was just my imagination?

You are welcome to opine.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I didn't get it, actually. That woman has to do that for the other sex, innately every woman is attractive and beautiful.

Danny Clark said:

We all want to look attractive for the other sex. 

How far is it possible?
    Let me recall my memory.   Yes, she was not a very attractive girl.  Very thin and not very attractive.  I had to encourage and praise her so that sh…
  • Dear Mishaikh, let me say it is really possible. Thanks for starting so interesting and lifelike discussions. As to me, all girls/women are attractive, but they may have different opinions looking into the mirrors or seeing the reaction of others. It is my understanding that such girls are not confident enough, they have no idea how good and attractive they are. I know, our dear Mary will call me a sexist again, but I will tell her and others it is us, men, who can change such girls' attitude to themselves very easily. And it is not our merit, it is chemistry and it is subconscious in any age. We all want to look attractive for the other sex. We may think we do it for ourselves, but it is not so. We want others to pay attention to us. So, if a girl feels desperate and we show her she is unique, she will change her attitude to herself, she will become self-confident and she will change her image for sure. Of course, she may change because of different reasons, for example making a great career, but men's attention is a must!

Dear Mary, I am ready to hear all your accusations. My head is ready to be separated from my body! I am looking forward to anything you can say as Luci has become a very peaceful individual!

• "I think attractiveness comes from the way you think about your self, once you start appreciating your good qualities whether looks or intelligence you become confident and look attractive."
  • That is so possible, I don't know how to explain clearly but when we feel beautiful, we are beautiful. Not that over confidence...just attractive, well I find all girls attractive. :)

• Thanks Usra for such a beautiful comment.

• Thanks bet for such an elaborative comment!

bet said:

I do believe possitive comments have impect...on us. Listen...beauty means a combination of many things....and I know if a good looking woman does not care to do her hair or if she wears a dress which does not go with her....she will not look as per her beaity...so when a person looks good he or she wears perfect dresses...of course inner beauty and good behaviour....the way they speak ot smile play a role. In your case msy be that girl got confidence by your words....and along with it most probably she started choosing her dresses or doing her hair in that way which complement her. And, it is also true when we are on the right way means when we have good result, good job we usually feel better then we feel confident and smart....finally we look more beautiful than before. It is my observation...smart people look more beautiful than an unsmart beautiful person. And it is also true we should get proper weight...as over weight makes people.....bad looking likewise less weight....it may be another reason to get a better look of that young lady.....l ol....anyway different type topics
    How far is it possible?
    Let me recall my memory.   Yes, she was not a very attractive girl.  Very thin and not very attractive.  I had to encourage and praise her so that sh…
  • I do believe possitive comments have impect...on us. Listen...beauty means a combination of many things....and I know if a good looking woman does not care to do her hair or if she wears a dress which does not go with her....she will not look as per her beaity...so when a person looks good he or she wears perfect dresses...of course inner beauty and good behaviour....the way they speak ot smile play a role. In your case msy be that girl got confidence by your words....and along with it most probably she started choosing her dresses or doing her hair in that way which complement her. And, it is also true when we are on the right way means when we have good result, good job we usually feel better then we feel confident and smart....finally we look more beautiful than before. It is my observation...smart people look more beautiful than an unsmart beautiful person. And it is also true we should get proper weight...as over weight makes people.....bad looking likewise less weight....it may be another reason to get a better look of that young lady.....l ol....anyway different type topics
This reply was deleted.