Head scratching

Why do we scratch our heads when we are confused or perplexed? Some people scratch the side of their noses. In class, when a student is asked about a question and he does not know the answer he begins to scratch his head. We do the same in difficult situations or difficult puzzles. Why do we do it? The brain is up there. Do we ask it to give us the answer or help us with that gesture?    

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mumnoona ya Shoxan! Inti fain? Yes, some readers suggested the same. The gesture has to do with psychology. Thanks for your comment. 

• It has a realation to psycology
    He hasnt believe in himself
  • Hacer nada, seniora Raven! Do anything you like, you are our senorita. If it does not count, we will make it count for your eyes only. Thanks, Sandra for your short and nice comment. 

• Wa lakin ana bigeet hakka ya Youssef!  I like the Moroccan dialect a lot, my dear friend Youssef. I hope to learn more from you and the other Moroccan friends. Many members agreed on that gesture, It is a signal for the brain through the nerves on the head by scratching it. We are still hoping for the expert word on it. Some members prove it Thanks Youssef for your point of view.      

• A student may scratch his head if they don't know the answer or think about it. But of this context,  a person may scrach his/her head just because he/she wants to do so. 

• Spasibo Winnie The Pooh! I guess the raising of the levels of the nervous system in our body can do that. Some members referred to it. I remember the lady Ama, Samo Yemen, moderator Paula and some of the respected commentators said the same. As the matter of fact, we are looking for the psychological or scientific explanation for it. Thank my dear good friend for your comment.

• Trying to stimulate the brain through the skull

• One or two members suggested that among them Svitlana, Olga, Mishaikh, and Maximus Potatoes. Some expert might come up with something soon. Thanks, Mambo for your quick suggestion.

• Thank you Mr Dara gino

• Asante sana Mr. Mambo! Thanks for your nice words. 

This reply was deleted.