Drugs

Is it true that drugs can be more deadly than wars?

Of course, we are not talking about the drugs that the doctor allows people to take, but we mean the illegal and most of the time, painful substance like marijuana, heroin or cocaine.

How do they affect our children, our family and the society?

What about religion and our mental state?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Sir! What a nice topic anyway :)
    In my perspective, it's true that drugs can be more deadly than wars. Why so? Because consuming drugs not only kill the person psychically but also effect someone's behavior and mental that can lead to harm family and society. As a muslim, obviously my religion forbid us to consume drugs because it harm and affect so many things. That's the only thing i can say about.

• Khaili mumnoon Narin, doste khobam! No doubt, they have bad effects on us. You are absolutely right, The person who uses drugs will bring shame to himself and his family too. He or she can bring disaster to the whole world, as you have mentioned in your nice intervention. Thanks, Narin for this useful meanings. 

Narin said:

surely this kind of drugs have bad effects on all parts of that person who use them and on their family and even society .i can say it is a real disaster.a person who use them he or she not only ruins his life but some other ppls life too.i wished there were not such kinds of drugs but unfortunately there r in every where .tnx to u MR dara and tnx other members for good comments.

Drugs
    Is it true that drugs can be more deadly than wars? Of course, we are not talking about the drugs that the doctor allows people to take, but we mean…
  • surely this kind of drugs have bad effects on all parts of that person who use them and on their family and even society .i can say it is a real disaster.a person who use them he or she not only ruins his life but some other ppls life too.i wished there were not such kinds of drugs but unfortunately there r in every where .tnx to u MR dara and tnx other members for good comments.

• Arigato Fuyu! I have heard that you do not like to take holidays very much. You like working and producing. How can drugs knock on your doors? Thanks to God, you are an active nation. Of course, among any nation or society, you will find the good and the bad. The majority of your people like work. Drugs look for people like me or him or her, I mean the ones who like to be lazy and doing nothing. By the way, you have mentioned an important fact, economy and the political system, and especially the last one. The political system is supposed to look after the welfare of the people. Here, if you go back to the comment of senior Joseph and Rysperski and two other friends, I could not remember their names precisely. They talked about politics and its role regarding the problem of drugs. Thanks for your comment! Fuyu, I really hope to be one of your friends, may I?  

Fuyu said:

In my opinion, both drugs and wars are deadly, and we can't compare their badness each other.

On the one hand, wars can kill huge numbers of people at once or in a relatively short term. Survivors may suffer from poverty, starvation and losing homes after the wars through generations.On the other hand, drugs can kill people one by one after long-term abuse. Drug abusers (and perhaps the dealers) have seemed to suffer from poverty and despair. Whereas wars are causes of destruction of human's life, culture and society, drugs seem to be results or triggers of such destruction.

From my point of view, what more deadly is economic and political system which lead to wars and drug problems. Personally, in my country we seldom see drug users (instead, we have a lot of alcoholics), so it's a little difficult to imagine how deadly drugs are. However, I have been taught about the severity of wars by our ancestors, and now I'm more afraid of wars than drugs.     

Drugs
    Is it true that drugs can be more deadly than wars? Of course, we are not talking about the drugs that the doctor allows people to take, but we mean…
  • In my opinion, both drugs and wars are deadly, and we can't compare their badness each other.

On the one hand, wars can kill huge numbers of people at once or in a relatively short term. Survivors may suffer from poverty, starvation and losing homes after the wars through generations.On the other hand, drugs can kill people one by one after long-term abuse. Drug abusers (and perhaps the dealers) have seemed to suffer from poverty and despair. Whereas wars are causes of destruction of human's life, culture and society, drugs seem to be results or triggers of such destruction.

From my point of view, what more deadly is economic and political system which lead to wars and drug problems. Personally, in my country we seldom see drug users (instead, we have a lot of alcoholics), so it's a little difficult to imagine how deadly drugs are. However, I have been taught about the severity of wars by our ancestors, and now I'm more afraid of wars than drugs.     

• Cam on Shadow! If they are prescribed by the physician, it's ok, but we are talking about the big doses that people take for pleasure or to forget. To forget what? I do not know. Thanks, Shadow for your nice comment!

Shadow said:

In despair , heroin or cocaine helps us so much ! That's good :))
    But in the other hand , that makes people dying very soon !

Drugs
  • In despair , heroin or cocaine helps us so much ! That's good :))
    But in the other hand , that makes people dying very soon !

• Bahut bahut shukriya Abid Khan sahab! Lakin kioyn aap bola, main Pakistani admi? It's an honor for me to be a Pakistani. All my friends here in Saudi Arabia are from there. Our Imam is from there, too. Thanks for your nice comment on drugs!       

Abid Khan said:

I am also in favor of yours point that "drugs can be more deadly than wars".

but i also think that war has its own consequences and drugs has its own, both are deadly for us. 

Drugs
  • I am also in favor of yours point that "drugs can be more deadly than wars".

but i also think that war has its own consequences and drugs has its own, both are deadly for us. 

• Bahut shukriya, Eman, sub sei paihili, main tum sei naraz nahi. I hope you are not upset, Eman. Exactly, drugs are worse than wars. As you mentioned, the war can end in this way or the other, but getting oneself devoted to or rather surrendering oneself to excessive bad habits is something awful. Thanks, Eman for your comment. I hope to be one of your friends. 

EmAn said:

Well The answer is definite. Wars end but once a person gets into drugs it is really difficult for him to get rid of it. Even if he/she wants ,it takes will power and a lot of effort which only few people can succeed through.
    It affects not only that person's life but the whole family.
    It's kinda black hole with no end. So better to aware everyone.
    Drugs
This reply was deleted.