Drugs

Is it true that drugs can be more deadly than wars?

Of course, we are not talking about the drugs that the doctor allows people to take, but we mean the illegal and most of the time, painful substance like marijuana, heroin or cocaine.

How do they affect our children, our family and the society?

What about religion and our mental state?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Danywaad Rahul Wazir! Lakin kioyn? Why do they take them? The respected lady, Chandra thought that people used them for pleasure and no need to punish them. She said in her comment, no harm would affect the others. Let's suppose so, what then if they hurt their user?  They are indeed harmful and painful too. Who agrees to put his wife as a bet in a poker game or whatever? 
    Rahul Wazir said:

Dara  Gino ji

These drugs are dangerous and harmful for one. One can easily addicted to these kinda drugs but it would be difficult for them to leave the addiction.

The reason is the heavy PAIN which they suffer if they don't take it. ( I saw in a documentary movie).

as per  Mental states one should not think like that drugs will solve their all problems and I don't know how religion is concern with this menace 

Drugs
    Is it true that drugs can be more deadly than wars? Of course, we are not talking about the drugs that the doctor allows people to take, but we mean…
  • Cam on Aris Nguyen! Thanks, engineer Aris for your useful solutions! Giving direct orders to merchandisers to follow the rules. Illegal traders must be stopped. The drug traffickers should be punished severely. It is true that children can be enticed by sellers. Regarding the correction of your topic, I shall send a copy to your inbox. Thanks engineer for your time and comment!    

Aris Nguyen said:

The Drug affected on our live, It bring the death to themself, make their relation life become worst, i think every people know that.
    But why people using Drug?. A child may was entice by seller. The goverment must be received mission prevent that. A mature people, Their Fall in love, Their find special feeling that in social real not satisfy them.
    Solution for drug, include Goverment and Education.

Drugs
    Is it true that drugs can be more deadly than wars? Of course, we are not talking about the drugs that the doctor allows people to take, but we mean…
  • The Drug affected on our live, It bring the death to themself, make their relation life become worst, i think every people know that.
    But why people using Drug?. A child may was entice by seller. The goverment must be received mission prevent that. A mature people, Their Fall in love, Their find special feeling that in social real not satisfy them.
    Solution for drug, include Goverment and Education.

• Ifcharisto polly Evangelina! As usual, nice intervention! I really like your polite and meaningful comment. Doctors prescribe certain drugs for patients. This is for the life of those persons, but to make the matter upside down is the problem. Those addicts use drugs to escape. I do not know why? I mean who are they afraid of? Legalizing drugs can lead to their complete destruction. You referred to the consequences of drugs and the big problem they create when they do not find them. They steal, go to prostitution or even kill to get money to buy those poisons. You always take the time to provide us with a beautiful essay for our problem. Thanks, Eva!

Evangelina said:

Sir Dara,

Interesting topic for discussion as you have chosen.

To answer your questions, those kind of drug addiction as you are referring to, Sir, it doesn't only have major personal consequences like psychological and neurobiological but also great social consequences, in every way and every aspect as some people may even not be aware of.

There are many sad and dark sides, when people are living on the edge of the society. Who are we to judge? If we didn't even know what, why and how the particular person ended there as they did.

Some of the very dark sides are these;

Drug addicts are very vulnerable persons, we often see a high mortality and morbidity rate. Many of then often dies of overdoses of different kind of drugs. They are highly susceptible to HIV and Hepatitis, typically infected when they share the same needles.

Other thing is, they need money to buy the drugs, and how are they going to get them, often by criminal acts and getting into prostitution.

It is said any kind of prohibition always has consequences and ways out...I do not know whether legalizing drugs would solve any of those problems, just my opinion at the moment is, those kind of drugs should not be legalized.

Only when we are dealing with terminally or incurable ill patients, where pain relief with normal methods are no longer possible, I think it is absolutely alright to use alternative methods.

Hashish is used as a pain reliever for terminal cancer patients, as tablets. It just requires special permission from the authorities to prescribe them.

This was my opinion about this, Sir, thank you so much for posting a topic for discussion, that is very essential in every aspect.
    Drugs
  • Don't worry Massinissa, they cannot do it. Remember what I have said, or rather what The Almighty said, ((are those who know are equal to those who do not know?)). Massinissa, please, add me to the list of your friends. Thanks!

Massinissa said:

Soon these crazy westerners will legalize narcotics....
    Drugs
  • Estoy muy contento de escchar eso. Muchas gracias Joseph! Pero por kei amigo? Why do some people mix the beautiful things with the ugly ones? The mind is the most important part of our body. If it is lost, we are like animals. we are called crazy, we cannot distinguish this from that. The main role of the drugs is to unbalance that mind or that brain. I guess the comparison is too far. Going to religion will pacify and relax the mind in these cases. Mr. Joseph, let me ask you this, why do we escape from reality? 

Joseph said:

We can not see things from the point of view of pleasure, but according to their results in the individual s health and conduct, since must of the crimes and bad actions are committed under the efect of the drugs, they make consumer iresponsable and change minds to worst. I consumed them and I advise every person not to use them. Only Jesus can give people peace, joy and the best thing that is the eternal life.

Drugs
  • My goodness! That is pure politics. Our forum is changing from the drug discussion into something else. I am afraid it's going to gain momentum. I have said that you could not put good and bad on one scale. They are totally different. Legalizing drugs, I mean the drugs that lead to the destruction of the human being, is not good. Some members refer to it as human pleasure. In fact, it's the human disaster. Massinissa, can I be one of your friends? Thanks for your comment!   

Massinissa said:

Wars are more dangerous than drugs. Certainly the crazy liberals want to legalize marijuana as well as other things like paedophilia...etc.

But the greatest mass murderers and criminals over the past 20 years have not been Muslims, but, rather, they have been those U.S. and European politicians and their public- and private-sector advisers ( supported by the media, the academy, and the churches ) who have started or supported interventionist wars in the name of unobtainable abstractions ( democracy, women rights...etc)...
    Drugs
  •  Feelin danke Zivi, I tried to avoid using that term 'fraud' when answering your outstanding comment on drugs. You were courageous enough to use it with its sister, corruption. The matter seemed to be mixed with politics and power as well. We are greedy by nature, my dear friend, but we try to culture ourselves and be in high places. In order to reach your goal, you can mix pharmaceutical industry market and make it, as you called it the theory of conspiracy of that industry. Politics plays the different role in our life. Thanks, Zivi!   

Zivi said:

Dear Dara Gino,

it is not me who is a genius, but ppl and Journalists who work hard on uncoverring mistakes made in the name of economical growth. Their reports get hushed up by huge international concerns. These concerns fear that ppl all over the world get a clue about their strategies and start revolting. I myself have been prescribed lipid lower pills after a heart attack and suffered from the above mentioned outcomes. To be honest there are lots of such fraud and corruption in the so called western world. I don´t mean that fraud and corruption happens only in the western world but as it is reported all over the world, no matter whether it is an economical polctical system or a religious system.

It seems fraud and corruption is deeply founded in humans. And I doubt that I amcapable to change that. Though I try to add insult to injury and make ppl. aware of mistakes made by economists and politicians. Doing this I hope to raise awareness a bit, at least.   

dara gino said:

Danke feelmals, Zivi! Du bist genial, main froind! Excuse my poor German language, but let me tell you, I heard something from you while we were chatting about using this phrase, pharmaceutical industry conspiracy. Those independent scientists, do they have to do that to get to their goals? Honestly, I am ignorant of such conspiracies.  The independent doctors or scientists can forge their reports about the high amount of lipid or marge in the blood system to raise the sale volumes of their sales. This is pure medical terminologies, unfortunately, they are far from my understanding. In other words, or rather for me to get this, the matter is about raising the market sale for those pharmaceutical industries, isn't it? Zivi, the matter is a bit complicated for me. When it comes to doctors, pharmacists, or nurses, the pink picture of benevolence, kindness, and the angel side appears in front of my eyes. You and senior Munoz put me in a critical condition. Thanks for your pharmaceutical industry theory! Why did I open that discussion of drugs? 

Zivi said:

Sorry,but I feel like having to take the cudgels on the behalf of Marijuana. Marijuana is not only a narcotic. It also has some currative as well as relaxing effects. The problemis that pharmaceutical industry wants to raise our sceptics against it. The reason is obvious. Marijuana is easy to grow and pharmacy cannot sell us their pills and whatever for high costs if Marijuana isn´t prohiited. Marijuana does not have such dangerous effects like alcohol, for instance, which is proven to destroy brain-cells.

As for pills and so called medicine doctors prescribe us there are also hazardous side effects. Just for example cholesterine lower pills. They for instance cause side effects like pains in knuckles and muscles. They destroy the liver just because limits of the cholesterine rate in blood are set low enough to garantee the pharmaceutical industry a hugh market and sale. One might name me a conspiracy theorist now, but it is proven by independant scientists, that lowering of the cholesterine rate does not have a huge effect on the rate of heart attacks. All that investigations that prove it had are based on theories of a pharmacy paid scientists. And the whole lipid-hype founds on a report of a marge industry dependant doctor who tried to raise the sales volume of their products.

Of course a too extensive use of Marijuana might cause some side effects. But it is not as hazardous as an overuse of alcohol for example. But noone seriously warns against misuse of alcohol. Its effects are mentioned incidentally only.Though alcohol is not forbidden in many parts of the world. Guess why.

Drugs
  • Dear Dara Gino,

it is not me who is a genius, but ppl and Journalists who work hard on uncoverring mistakes made in the name of economical growth. Their reports get hushed up by huge international concerns. These concerns fear that ppl all over the world get a clue about their strategies and start revolting. I myself have been prescribed lipid lower pills after a heart attack and suffered from the above mentioned outcomes. To be honest there are lots of such fraud and corruption in the so called western world. I don´t mean that fraud and corruption happens only in the western world but as it is reported all over the world, no matter whether it is an economical polctical system or a religious system.

It seems fraud and corruption is deeply founded in humans. And I doubt that I amcapable to change that. Though I try to add insult to injury and make ppl. aware of mistakes made by economists and politicians. Doing this I hope to raise awareness a bit, at least.   

dara gino said:

Danke feelmals, Zivi! Du bist genial, main froind! Excuse my poor German language, but let me tell you, I heard something from you while we were chatting about using this phrase, pharmaceutical industry conspiracy. Those independent scientists, do they have to do that to get to their goals? Honestly, I am ignorant of such conspiracies.  The independent doctors or scientists can forge their reports about the high amount of lipid or marge in the blood system to raise the sale volumes of their sales. This is pure medical terminologies, unfortunately, they are far from my understanding. In other words, or rather for me to get this, the matter is about raising the market sale for those pharmaceutical industries, isn't it? Zivi, the matter is a bit complicated for me. When it comes to doctors, pharmacists, or nurses, the pink picture of benevolence, kindness, and the angel side appears in front of my eyes. You and senior Munoz put me in a critical condition. Thanks for your pharmaceutical industry theory! Why did I open that discussion of drugs? 

Zivi said:

Sorry,but I feel like having to take the cudgels on the behalf of Marijuana. Marijuana is not only a narcotic. It also has some currative as well as relaxing effects. The problemis that pharmaceutical industry wants to raise our sceptics against it. The reason is obvious. Marijuana is easy to grow and pharmacy cannot sell us their pills and whatever for high costs if Marijuana isn´t prohiited. Marijuana does not have such dangerous effects like alcohol, for instance, which is proven to destroy brain-cells.

As for pills and so called medicine doctors prescribe us there are also hazardous side effects. Just for example cholesterine lower pills. They for instance cause side effects like pains in knuckles and muscles. They destroy the liver just because limits of the cholesterine rate in blood are set low enough to garantee the pharmaceutical industry a hugh market and sale. One might name me a conspiracy theorist now, but it is proven by independant scientists, that lowering of the cholesterine rate does not have a huge effect on the rate of heart attacks. All that investigations that prove it had are based on theories of a pharmacy paid scientists. And the whole lipid-hype founds on a report of a marge industry dependant doctor who tried to raise the sales volume of their products.

Of course a too extensive use of Marijuana might cause some side effects. But it is not as hazardous as an overuse of alcohol for example. But noone seriously warns against misuse of alcohol. Its effects are mentioned incidentally only.Though alcohol is not forbidden in many parts of the world. Guess why.

Drugs
  • Muchas gracias senior Munoz! Ya me lo imaginaba. Thanks for your nice comment! 

Joseph said:

I think drugs are more dangerous than war

Drugs
This reply was deleted.