Dracula

It is just an evil dude. I used to like Dracula. When I watched that creation of Bram Stoker, the Irish writer. There was no real sleep for me for many days. I used to bring my bed close to my grandfather's bed. His wife's advice was to stop watching such devilish films. Do you like horror movies and especially, Dracula? Who is the famous actor who portrayed that role? Was he Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, or Vincent Price?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have never seen any Dracula movie but I seriously like to watch horror movies. I have seen all parts of insidious. They were really awesome. There are some other movies which I liked but these days ,it's hard to find a good horror movie coz I have already seen enough so dont feel scared  anymore.

• Kavita Sharma, main nahi pata, lekin I guess that you are a strong woman. I am older than your father. I cannot stand horror films. They give me the creeps and I feel uneasy when watching them. Thanks for your braveness and your comment on Dracula. 

•  Dracula is set in Transylvania and England and tells of various encounters with the blood-sucking Count Dracula. The story begins when Jonathan Harker, an English solicitor, is invited to the Count's crumbling castle to hammer out a real estate deal; while there, he becomes a de facto prisoner, discovers disquieting facets of the Count's daily life, and is seduced by three female vampires. He eventually escapes the castle and finds his way back to England. 

Not long afterward, a Russian ship runs aground in Whitby. All passengers and crew are dead. A huge dog or wolf is seen running from the ship, which contains nothing but boxes of dirt from Transylvania. 

The Count reappears and is soon menacing Harker's devoted fiancée, Wilhelmina "Mina" Murray, and her vivacious friend, Lucy Westernra. Lucy receives three marriage proposals in one day, from Arthur, Lord Godalming; an American called Quincy Morris who always carries a bowie knife; and an asylum psychiatrist, John Seward. There is a notable encounter between Dracula and Seward's patient Renfield, an insane man who means to consume insects, rats, and birds, and other creatures -- in ascending order of size -- in order to absorb their "life force". Renfield acts as a kind of motion sensor, detecting the proximity of Dracula and releasing clues accordingly. 

Lucy begins to waste suspiciously away. All her suitors fret; Seward calls in his old teacher, Professor Abraham Van Helsing from Amsterdam. Van Helsing immediately determines the cause of Lucy's condition, but refuses to disclose it, knowing that Seward's faith in him will be shaken if he starts spouting off about vampires. Van Helsing tries multiple blood transfusions, but they are clearly losing ground. On a night when Van Helsing must return to Amsterdam (and his message to Seward asking him to watch the Westenra household is accidentally sent to the wrong address), Lucy and her mother are attacked in the night by a strange wolf. Mrs Westenra, who has a heart condition, dies of fright, and Lucy herself apparently dies soon after. 

Lucy is buried, but soon afterward the newspapers report a "bloofer lady" stalking children in the night. Van Helsing, knowing that this means Lucy has become a vampire, confides in Seward, Godalming, and Morris. The suitors and Van Helsing track her down, and after a disturbing confrontation between her vampire self and Arthur, they stake her and behead her. Around the same time, Jonathan Harker arrives home from Transylvania, and he and Mina also join the coalition, who now turn their attentions to dealing with Dracula himself. 

Then begins the longer drama of tracking Dracula's movements in London, spoiling his Transylvanian earth with holy wafers, and dealing with his intensifying seduction of Mina Harker. Dracula flees back to his castle in Transylvania, followed by Van Helsing's gang, who re-kill him and his three vampire women. Mina is freed, and the survivors (Quincy Morris is killed in the final battle) return to England.

• Dear teacher Sara J Stoner, hello, thanks for reminding us of those fearful moments of Dracula and how things started. Bram Stoker was a genius. His story was the most famous one so far. I was afraid of Mina, The lawyer, Harker and of course, I was afraid of Dracula himself. Would you believe me if I told that I was closing my eyes with my hands during watching that film? I was afraid and sweat drowned me. When it was over, I went home and my family told me to sleep in their sleeping room and my bed was centered between their beds. I really appreciate your nice story about that movie. Sara, could I be one of your friends? Thanks for giving more lights on Dracula. 

•  i really dont like scarie movie ... i hate it..

hehhehe

• Saya setuju dengan kamu, Yola. Lovely ladies don't like horror. You are right, I agree with you. Thanks for your comment on Dracula.

• Alash ya Zzina? Ana kanabgi Dracula bizzaf. Search for it on Youtube, write Dracula and you will enjoy watching it. Thanks for your comment on Dracula

• Danyavaad Simmi! Jee, uska nam, Sir Christopher Lee. Yes, his name was Sir Christopher Lee. He was rewarded an Oscar for his outstanding roles in horror movies and some other films. Believe me, Simmi, when he was standing to thank the audience for their support I was afraid of him. Thanks for your comment on Dracula.

• opulent topic for discussion btw i like to watch horror movies and i have watched dracula as i remembered he was a famous english actor who has played the role of count dracula in this movie

• Hello again Dara Gino

I am here to join the discussion. But I don't like to watch the Dracula things because for me It's not interesting. But personally, I like to watch a horror movie like The Conjuring,  Lights out, and some ghost movies. It depends on the quality of the movie its self. It gives a great sensation when you fear of something. But In real life, I don't fear any ghost because I know it's not real but I fear bad men because they can harm you in real. 

Btw, there's a story about a real Dracula I ever read from a book. In the past time, there was a ruler named Dracula and he was a super cruel man in a part of the country today called Romania. And it's very interesting story of a real Dracula you have to read or maybe you can make some search about it. Btw, I also like to watch historical movies. 

This reply was deleted.