I m from Azerbaijan ..my country has many historical monuments..i want  to share some of them with my ec family 

MAIDEN TOWER

It is the most majestic and mysterious monument of architecture of Baku and the Absheron peninsula, as well. The Tower is the historical monument located near to the seaside park (Boulevard), in the south-eastern part of the ancient fortress walls (Icherisheher). This rare monument of three towers has a lot of historical and architectural problems.
The height of 28 m, a diameter at the ground floor is 16.5 m. The wall thickness at the ground floor is 5 meters. The inner side of the Tower is divided into 8 floors. Each floor was covered with dome-shaped ceiling built of hewn stones. The Tower began to operate as a museum since 1964, and in 2000 it was enlisted in the UNESCO World Heritage list.
One of the emblems of Azerbaijan, the Maiden's Tower was described repeatedly on banknotes and coins of Azerbaijan. 

Shirvanshah Palace

Ramany Tower

Mardakan Tower

CAN U SHARE HISTORICAL MONUMENTS OF YOUR COUNTRY WITH EC MEMBERS ???

DEAR FRIENDS I M VERY CURIOUS PERSON .IT IS INTERESTING  FOR ME  TO GET INFORMATIONS ABOUT ALL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.PLS NOTE  THE HISTORY ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR MONUMENTS OF YOUR COUNTRY AND INSERT PICS AN OTHERS 

THANKS ALL !!!

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hello   dear  friend  MODAWAY  tks u for the   great  video  i can see  some  beauty  and   monuments  of the  your  country ,,but  what  about  the  history  friend ?  maybe  u have  forgot  to  insert  histroty  of  them  lol )))))))))...i know that EGYPT   in fact   has   great  beauties...i always  wait  from u  more than  that ..tks u  for the  your  precious  comment friend 

• my dear  friend  GEORGEOUS     ....

the next  fantastic  link  from u  ..when i click on this  links  it seems  that  as if  i m there  in POLAND  .this is  amasing  ....thank u  1000  times   dear  friend  for  the  your  opinion,,also observe that  u folow  this  discussion    also comment  them ..u r very observant  ,,thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank   u  dear  friend 

• DEAR NOORANY i just read   the  discusson   of  Mantry  u r    both  from the  same  country  ,,u inserted  some  different  monuments  i just know  about the some marvellous  beauty  of the  INDONESA thank u dear  sis  for the  great   and  precious  opinion..tks u for  the   wrote  the  history of the  monuments  and  informing us  ..kiss u sis 

2392946609?profile=original

• thank you modaway

• tks u  ..what  about your  country   ? lol

• dear  HAYAM   what about  your  opinion  ?  lol  i cant  see  your   explanation ,,pls  insert  some useful  comments  ..tks u 

• The ancient nation of Yemen lies at the tip of the Arabian Peninsula. Yemen has one of the oldest civilizations on Earth, with ties to the Semitic lands to its north, and to the cultures of the Horn of Africa, just across the Red Sea.

According to legend, the Biblical Queen of Sheba, consort of King Solomon, was Yemeni.

Yemen has been colonized at various times by other Arabs, Ethiopians, Persians, Ottoman Turks, and most recently, the British.2387456734?profile=original

• The old city of Sana'a, has a distinctive visual character due its unique architectural characteristics, most notably expressed in its multi-storey buildings decorated with geometric patterns Located here is the Great Mosque of Sana'a, the largest in the city2392946647?profile=original

• my dear  sis  RANDAAAAA   i   dont have  about  the  history  of  the monuments  of  your  country  YEMEN ..but  after your  comment  i just  got  some  information  ....specially   your  second pic ,,is  there  people  living  sis ?  i want  to  live  there  it  is looking  wonderful ..tks u for the  precious   opinion  sis  ,,your   feedback always  main for me  ,,kiss  u  ,

• I am from Iran, as u know Iran is an ancient country and it has the oldest historical civilization in the world. Iran is famous for literature and poetry, many poet shrines are in Iran that the most famous are Saadi, Hafez and Ferdousi I think u heard about them. Also there are many old places like Persepolis and Pasargad tomb that they are famous for their old architecture and the old king tombs like Cyrus the Great king of achaemenian dynasty. The Achaemenid Empire name of ruling dynasty in Old Persian: (c. 550–330 BCE) also known as the First Persian Empire, was a Persian empire in Western Asia, founded in the 6th century BCE by Cyrus the Great who overthrew the Median confederation. The dynasty draws its name from king Achaemenes, who ruled Persia between 705 BCE and 675 BCE.

Will Durant, the American historian and philosopher, during one his speeches, "Persia in the History of Civilization", as an address before the Iran-America Society in Tehran on 21 April 1948, stated:[87]

For thousands of years Persians have been creating beauty. Sixteen centuries before Christ there went from these regions or near it ... You have been here a kind of watershed of civilization, pouring your blood and thought and art and religion eastward and westward into the world ... I need not rehearse for you again the achievements of your Achaemenid period. Then for the first time in known history an empire almost as extensive as the United States received an orderly government, a competence of administration, a web of swift communications, a security of movement by men and goods on majestic roads, equaled before our time only by the zenith of Imperial Rome.

u can refer to wikipedia for more details as the links below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Iran

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hakhamaneshian&redire...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_kings_of_Persia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achaemenid_family_tree

I attached some pics, also forgive me for taking ur worthful time to read my sentences.

220px-Cyrus_tomb.jpg

Persepolis001.jpg

118px-Persepolis_recreated.jpg

This reply was deleted.