Hajj (pilgrimage) is on the ninth of the month of Thulhijjah which corresponds to the nineteenth of the month of July 2021. It means going to Mecca in Saudi Arabia to visit (kaaba) the grand mosque. Eiduladha is on the tenth of Thulhijjah. People sacrifice sheep, camels, goats, or other animals on this day. Do you always do that at home?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•        Making Hajj will cut your power to pieces but it will also make you rejoice. My husband and I have gone to Hajj before three years ago. Its description is out of words. Every single act needs a new kind of literature to describe its magic. Don’t wonder. This is really my feeling. Anyway, thanks a lot my friend for the memories.

Finally, we sacrificed two sheep. God bless you.

• Mashkoora ya ustatha Sewar! It is true, Hajj 's performance requires a lot of effort and energy.  Extend my regards to your respected husband and family, too. I am glad that you sacrifice two sheep during Eid time.

• I was blessed with performing hajj in 2013. It was amazing. You are right every act require a literature to describe them. 

I was surprised why it was advised to recite sura al kaferoon most of the times ( with other recitations of course), then I realized while performing the hajj acts, they may look peculiars for the onlooker non believers, it the sura says I FOOLOW MY DEEN YOU FOLLOW YOURS.

• Bahut bahut shukriya Mishaikh  janab. Say O Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) to these disbelievers in God, in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Book, and finally, in The Day of Resurrection.

Hajj now is absolutely different from that time of 2013. Only us, the residents, and the citizens are allowed because of the Corona pandemic.

As you know Mr. Mishaikh, the revelation of the Holy Quran is in general terms and of course, not about the reason. Thanks for your nice and useful comment.

This reply was deleted.