It is echoed continually in our culture. You see it television and hear it on the radio. You read about it on the internet and in print media. They all shout from the roof tops that in order for you to attain a complete and fulfilling life, you must learn to love yourself. In order for you to love someone else, you must learn to love yourself first.

What exactly does this phrase mean and how do you accomplish it? You hear it at recovery meetings and other self-help groups. This expression seems to have lost its message. Does loving yourself mean becoming self-centered and conceited? Does it mean that you pursue your goals no matter who gets hurt along your journey? Does loving yourself have anything to do with the acquisition of material items? How do you know if you are in the state of loving yourself or not? Do you feel euphoric when you love yourself? Do you have the combined strength of superman and superwoman?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hii,

as per my knowledge we.waste our most of the time in thinking of what people think about us. Main question is that we loves to society or we scare to take any decision which can make any kind of crashes. As like this lot of examples we can take from our daily life but common thing is that wasting of time in thinking of others. If we do our any job or work or any else with passion and love, I sure you will be different by others...... who think diffeeent than common man... they will gets success in all.. so start to love yourself... love your dreams... love your desires... love with passion....
  • Hello dear Tema,

For me loving yourself doesn't mean caring only about your self ,become selfish,thinking about your own benefits,caring about your health,collecting each and every thing what you want and fulfilling your own wishes and demands.

It means try to know yourself,think what makes you happy,pamper your self and appreciate your self for good deeds, care about your feelings.

• hello dear  sushma ,

i totally agree, with you loving your self = knowing what you have

thank you so mutch for your comment

• Hello Hafida, 

nice discussion started by you .thanks to all those people who have joined the discussion.we are getting very appreciatiable views about loving yourself

.Thanks

• 2393964171?profile=original

• HI Ithink love ur self is about ,,,,care  urself always complete choice and 1st of doing something thik deeply is it good to do or not and protect ur self by worst ,,,,always keep prayin on time is love

• hello ghalib , 

i think also if we have love our elves we to have to trust in our selves .

thank you so mutch for your comment

• Hello

I think love yourself is vital factor to go head in your life.You have be happy, relaxing to continue in your generous life.But this does,t mean be selfish,concentrated in you advantages without concern other people needs.Also one important thing is to apologize yourself if you get mistake ,at same time learn from your mistake. We all have to know ,you  

• hello white rose , 

really nice to see you here , you added an important idea : " to be at the middle , don't love ourselves so much to the point that we will be Selfish ، And also not to despise ourselves  "

thank you dear for the nice comment

• Hello my friend

you can love yourself by respecting God's words .

you can love yourself when you agree with yourself.

you can love yourself by saving from it  any sin

you can love yourself by making yourself pure .

Salam

This reply was deleted.