Are you hospitable?

Well, I would like to know how hospitable you and your nation is? And, how do you treat them, what food/drinks you offer them when they come at your place? Are there any differences in terms of  habitability between the past and present time? And, what about if a guest comes without prior information/phone call?

In general my compatriots are hospitable. Even poor people  try to offer something (food or drinks) if someone comes at their places. Yes, food items differ between village and city, poor and rich people. Tea is a common drinks here, city dwellers like coffee too but hard drinks is still a big no in regular people's life. Town/city dwellers specially working people prefer having gusts with prior notice.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In my country, we have various cultures. We, in general, are famous for our hospitality towards newcomers. People in my country, especially in my hometown, are quite friendly towards foreigners.

In language, we don't differentiate between past and present, unlike in English, we don't have past, present or future tense. The actions are only explained by time maker.

We normally welcome whenever guests come and visit our house even without prior notification, especially our relatives or acquaintances. We normally serve drinks such as tea or coffee and some snacks even meals if needed.

For working people, as they won't be available at home on the working days, they sometimes need the prior notification before the guests come to visit, in order to make an appointment.

This reply was deleted.