Our planet

This day reminds me of the tragedy which can never be forgotten. Chernobyl.The nuclear power station exploded because it was not ready to be started up. Under Soviets the main idea was to satisfy the demands of the government and nobody thought about aftereffects. That time it didn't work out. That explosion spoiled not only our land but also the most of Europe. About 500 000 people died and our fertile soiles are spoiled for many centuries. Guys, our planet is the only one! It is our home! We should think what we do! I am not against progress, just vice versa. But if we destroy our planet (and we are doing that) we will not have a place to live!

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• wow!Tania you are really great in dealing about nature!I appreciate your way forward!Keep it up,madam!

IMG_0045[1].JPG

• Dear Golnaz! I always like what you say. Thank you for sharing your ideas with us.

golnaz said:

dear tanya : we cant call this person human being cause although he thinks he does the right job for himself but its not bad for most people becase its part of our life we breath with themand we grow with them too ,or in other way most of are needs are provided with that lovely nature ,most drugs are driven from these plants ,when someone has a mental problem he or she is recommanded to go to see these lovely nature to be cured
    so we should prevent from its destruction.
  • Today I want to attach a few pictures of the blossoming lilac bushes and chestnut trees. They are blossoming all over my city now. And I'd like to ask a rhetorical question:"If someone can destroy such beauty, can he be considered as a human being?"

s1881_1210577024_1.jpg

There are 2 mln chestnut trees in Kiev.JPG

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/2377448752?profile=original
  • Noor, your comment is smart and mature. Thank you for thinking so positively.

Noor said:
    This planet is a place where Human Beings, Animals, Birds, Plants etc. live. This is the only place we get fresh air in. This is the place we get water in. I think non of other planet has got these facilities in. Here we have got many cultures. They are living on many parts of the earth. So, then why a man is that much greedy to sell his culture or his country for only few papers. Why don't we have a little sympathy for our own culture, our own earth or our own planet. Have anyone thought for this world that he/she lives in?
    To point out, we should take care of our planet, our world, our culture, our countries, our neighbors. We should use our technologies for good of our cultures, not for their destruction. We have to help each other on this world, not destroy each other. We should bring peace and shut out War. And we should fight for the safety of our planet.And think about it, It's our home. We should save our home from any violence.
    T
  • I am an optimist and I think that if we all stop destroying our planet which is our home the Earth will be able to recover. But if we don't, we will have to look for a new home or... die. And it is sad. Because for some people money is the first priority. As to me I sincerely believe that life on this planet is the first.

Spidy said:
    "Our planet is a very important place for us and we have to protect it" really a very good sentence but what can we do to keep it good. We normal people not scientists or others are doing the best. What can I do except not throwing rubbish in the street, not to pollute the water of seas and rivers. Do you think any normal people can do more than that?
    I am not against the new inventions but also to be careful while doing so.
    I hope all will do their best to keep the planet safe.
    Thanks Tanya for that new topic.......:-)
  • "Our planet is a very important place for us and we have to protect it" really a very good sentence but what can we do to keep it good. We normal people not scientists or others are doing the best. What can I do except not throwing rubbish in the street, not to pollute the water of seas and rivers. Do you think any normal people can do more than that?
    I am not against the new inventions but also to be careful while doing so.
    I hope all will do their best to keep the planet safe.
    Thanks Tanya for that new topic.......:-)
  • I am sad to read about the tragedy about Chernobyl. I wish to save this planet. No doubt we have only one planet, and we have to save it. How can we save it ?. But we have to.
This reply was deleted.