How to Speak English Fast & Easily

Hi To all!I'm here again.. I have one useful tips on how to speak english fast and easily. This tips is also came from friend, so I want it to share to all interested to do this technique.A story...A woman, had a problem. Her speaking was SLOW. She could not answer questions quickly.She listened to many english tapes and CDs. She listened. She repeated what the speaker said.Woman emailed my friends and she gave credit that she recommended "Listen and Answer" lessons to those who wants to speak english fast and easily using the listen and answer lesson not "Listen and repeat lesson".My Friend told her to use the "Listen and Answer " mini stories.My friend told her that "Listen & Answer is not enough--- when you repeat, you only copu the speaker. But when you hear a question and you ANSWER it-- you must think in English.We can do a lot of easy question here. I'm waiting for your question. And Im do my answer after that I also do my question to you or anyone who read this discussion.Your friend.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Tanya said:
    Thank you, Dorris! It is a good idea to start such a discussion. I will gladly take part in it. Howeve, let me correct your mistakes first. Follow your text:

Hi everyone!
    one useful tip (singular)
    this tip
    my friend
    I want ot share it with everyone who is inderested in this technique
    those who want
    think English
    easy questions
    And I will post (write, type) my answer
    I will also ask my question

You should pay more attention to singular and plural, Tenses, sentence construction.

And now, here is my question.

You all learn English. So, I'd like to ask you the following. What is your reason for learning it and how are you planning to use it in the future?
  • Dear Sara! I have already answered this questuin for a few times. Please, read my comments on other discussions, first of all on "What do you want to know about English grammar?" and also on the main page and on this discussion. If you still have some questions, I will gladly answer to them. First of all you need a good grammar book. Besides you should revise or study grammar in the particular sequence (see above). Please, read what I have said in this connection and then ask me questions, OK?

sara bennnani said:
    i study english in english language center , i am good listener i can understand anything in english but my problem is in grammar and sentence construction , i want to impove my style in writing and speaking .plz tell me what to do
  • Dear Murat! You are right as to babies. As I said I think it is possible to teach small children in such a way. Like you, I know some people who learned English from spoken language but during my 25 year teaching practice I've met only a few who spoke very good English. They all learned from native speakers. But even those people made many mistakes when they wrote. So, I think that only combination of grammar, listening, speaking and writing practice can give perfect results in teaching adults.

Murat Ozturk said:
    Hi Tanya,

I agree with you about learning grammar. But you don't need to learn grammar of a language if you want to speak it fast. If you don't want people to learn a foreign language the most important thing you'll have to do will be making them study grammar. I met many people who don't know anything about grammar but are able to speak better than those who are really good at grammar. Maybe, studying grammar is useful for native speakers to improve their knowledge about their own languages. When a baby is born, he is never thaught grammar to construct sentences. Am I wrong?

Take care of you all,

Bye
  • Hi Tanya,

I agree with you about learning grammar. But you don't need to learn grammar of a language if you want to speak it fast. If you don't want people to learn a foreign language the most important thing you'll have to do will be making them study grammar. I met many people who don't know anything about grammar but are able to speak better than those who are really good at grammar. Maybe, studying grammar is useful for native speakers to improve their knowledge about their own languages. When a baby is born, he is never thaught grammar to construct sentences. Am I wrong?

Take care of you all,

Bye
  • i study english in english language center , i am good listener i can understand anything in english but my problem is in grammar and sentence construction , i want to impove my style in writing and speaking .plz tell me what to do
  • Dear Murat! Welcome to my group! I'd like to reply to your message to make things clear for others.

First of all, your English reads very good. Having lived in the US for many years, being a professional teacher and speaking fluent language I've immediately felt that you have very good academic backgroung of your English. In your message you made only one mistake. So, if you mean such level as yours, you are right. But if we mean people who don't know how to construct a sentence, I would recommend them to learn grammar first. Same about the beginners. If they start learning from others' speech they will never speak good English. You see, you can teach only very small children (2-6 years old) like that. As to older children and adults, they need to know the rules. It is one of the special features of our brains, our consciousness. So, I believe my recommendations are right. Sure, practice is the must, but grammar is the must as well.

Murat Ozturk said:
    Hi,
    This is my firs message. I wanted to write something about making your english fluent. I studied English for more than ten years. But I couldn't speak, I couldn't think in English if I didn't use it, if I didn't practice it, practice what I'd learnt. So if someone wants to make his/her English fluent-without thinking about the words in his/her native language- he/she has to use the language through some ways. Am I right?

Murat - a friend
  • Hi,
    This is my firs message. I wanted to write something about making your english fluent. I studied English for more than ten years. But I couldn't speak, I couldn't think in English if I didn't use it, if I didn't practice it, practice what I'd learnt. So if someone wants to make his/her English fluent-without thinking about the words in his/her native language- he/she has to use the language through some ways. Am I right?

Murat - a friend
  • I'd like to answer to your question now "What is the best learning technique in studying English Language?"

I believe that only perfect knowledge of grammar gives us possibility to speak English fluently. Fluency of speech doesn't mean that you know all words. By no means! Even native speakers don't know all words and sometimes look up dictionaries. Fluency means that you can always express your mind clearly, correctly and literary. Sure, the richer your vocabulary is, the easier it is for you to speak. But I'd like to say that if you knew grammar better, you would speak much better English with your present vocabulary. So, the following are my recomendations for you and all other students who want to improve their language:

1. You should combine different ways of learning: grammar, vocabulary, idioms, listening,
    writing and spoken practice.
    2. You should revise or learn grammar in the appropriate sequense. I can recommend the
    following one checked out by my 25-year teaching experience:

Parts of speech and simple constructions like "It is..", "There is...", "have", "have got", etc.
    Modal verbs in the present
    Tenses (first, all The Present Tenses, then all The Past Tenses, The Future in the Past,
    Sequense of Tenses, Reported Speech, The Future Tenses, The Passive Voice)
    Modals in the past
    The Verbals (Gerund, Infinitive,Participle)
    The Moods
    Special constructions, inversion, etc.

3. As to the vocabulary. You can enlarge it greatly reading English fictions or other literature
    using good dictionary.
    4. Idioms. There are a few famous authors who write such kind of literature. One of them is
    Robert J. Dixon. But I like another one much more. He gives better explanations and more
    examples. I can email you this book if you tell me your address. I've already sent it to
    many members of my group and they all like it very much. You can read one chapter of this
    book if you enter the discussion "Idioms and Phrasal Verbs".
    5. Listening. There is a lot of listening material in the net. The podcasts are the best because
    the audio files come together with the scripts. I can tell you where to look for them.
    6. Writing compositions or essays is the must. But it makes sense only if you have someone
    to check them out and to explain your mistakes.
    7. And we all need as much spoken practice as possible. You should use any opportunity to
    speak English, especially with native speakers. If you do, tell them to correct you.
    Otherwise they will not (at least Americans).

I think, it is a good idea to combine all these ways of learning. Actually, it is very boring to do the same for long. It depends of how you feel. If you want to learn grammar today, just do it. If you want to listen or read, it is OK. Got it?

Have I answered your question? If not, please, go on asking.

drsvvr said:
    What is your reason for learning it and how are you planning to use it in the future?
    The reason why I studied the English language are the following:
    1. For my job that english language is required.
    2. English is the global/international language that most of my business associate or partners are english is the language that they used.
    3. I am also plan to work/migrate abroad which the language used in that country is English.
    And also I am planning to take my IELTS maybe this coming October but not so sure.

If I will improve my English speaking it will boast my personality, and I will be confident and speaking in English.
    I think if you are fluent in English you will be competitive with regards to work. And you find good opportunity to have success in life.

Thanks.

"What is the best learning technique in studying English Language?" (Please do support in answering for those whose good in english")

Tanya said:
    Thank you, Dorris! It is a good idea to start such a discussion. I will gladly take part in it. Howeve, let me correct your mistakes first. Follow your text:

Hi everyone!
    one useful tip (singular)
    this tip
    my friend
    I want ot share it with everyone who is inderested in this technique
    those who want
    think English
    easy questions
    And I will post (write, type) my answer
    I will also ask my question

You should pay more attention to singular and plural, Tenses, sentence construction.

And now, here is my question.

You all learn English. So, I'd like to ask you the following. What is your reason for learning it and how are you planning to use it in the future?
  • Hi, again! Thanks! And don't call me MS!It is just Tanya, OK?

You sound as a hard-working, persistent person and I believe you will reach your goals.

But let me correct you again.

You know that you are a really good teacher, you know my level and my capacity because you're right i have difficulty with my grammar and sentence construction. It's my weak point indeed.

You can read about the word order in the discussin "What do you want to know about English grammar?". There is also some information about prepositions in the discussion "Preposition".
    Also, there are a few videos about prepositions and conditions on my page. Besides, you can always ask my your questions in the appropriate discussions.

cite>drsvvr said:
    Hi Ms. Tanya,

Thanks again!

You know what you are really good teacher, you know my level and my capacity because youre right i have difficulty in my grammar and sentence construction. It's my weak point really.

Thanks again

Tanya said:
    Thank you, Dorris! The folowwing is your text with corrections in the bold letters. If I delete a word or its part, I place "_" there. Compare it with your text to see your mistakes.

The reasons why I study the English language are the following:
    1. _ _ _ _The English language is required for my job.
    2. English is the global/international language that most of my business associates or partners _ _ _ _ _ _ _use_.
    3. I am also planning to work/migrate abroad to the country where English is used._ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    And also I am planning to take my IELTS maybe this coming October but I am not so sure.

If I _ improve my spoken English _ it will positively effect my personality("boast" is the same as "brag". It is wrong for this sentence), and I will be confident and will speak good English.
    I think if you are fluent in English you will be competitive _ _ _at work. And you will have good opportunity to reach success in your life.

Let me comment it. Your vocabulary is good enough to express your mind but you have great problems with grammar. Your common mistakes are:

1. plurals ( you don't add ending "-s")
    2. Tenses
    3. word order (it is wrong almost in all sentences)
    4. Real Conditions (in the Conditional clause we have to use Present Tenses)
    5. You use too many unnecessary words and I think I know why. You seem not to be sure in being understood. But English is a laconic language.

Please, analyze my corrections and comments.

As to your question. It is a good one. I will answer it some later.
  • Hi Ms. Tanya,

Thanks again!

You know what you are really good teacher, you know my level and my capacity because youre right i have difficulty in my grammar and sentence construction. It's my weak point really.

Thanks again

Tanya said:
    Thank you, Dorris! The folowwing is your text with corrections in the bold letters. If I delete a word or its part, I place "_" there. Compare it with your text to see your mistakes.

The reasons why I study the English language are the following:
    1. _ _ _ _The English language is required for my job.
    2. English is the global/international language that most of my business associates or partners _ _ _ _ _ _ _use_.
    3. I am also planning to work/migrate abroad to the country where English is used._ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    And also I am planning to take my IELTS maybe this coming October but I am not so sure.

If I _ improve my spoken English _ it will positively effect my personality("boast" is the same as "brag". It is wrong for this sentence), and I will be confident and will speak good English.
    I think if you are fluent in English you will be competitive _ _ _at work. And you will have good opportunity to reach success in your life.

Let me comment it. Your vocabulary is good enough to express your mind but you have great problems with grammar. Your common mistakes are:

1. plurals ( you don't add ending "-s")
    2. Tenses
    3. word order (it is wrong almost in all sentences)
    4. Real Conditions (in the Conditional clause we have to use Present Tenses)
    5. You use too many unnecessary words and I think I know why. You seem not to be sure in being understood. But English is a laconic language.

Please, analyze my corrections and comments.

As to your question. It is a good one. I will answer it some later.
This reply was deleted.