Games, riddles, quizzes

Today I am starting a new discussion. I hope you will like it. It is for those who like riddles, quizzes, logical problems, etc. Here is one of them.Who goes fishing?In this riddle you must assort the information given in order to find out who goes fishing.FactsThere are 5 houses of 5 different colours: blue, green, red, white, yellowIn each house lives a person of a different nationality: American, Australian, British, Canadian, IrishEach of the 5 house-owners has a certain job: carpenter, lawyer, pilot, plumber, waiterEach of the 5 house-owners has a certain hobby: chess, fishing, football, sailing, tennisEach of the 5 house-owners has a certain pet: cat, dog, goldfish, hamster, horseNone of them have the same pet, job or hobby.Other factsThe Irishman lives in the green house.The red house is on the immediate left of the white house.The person in the red house is a pilot.The American plays chess.The Canadian is a waiter.The person with the horse lives next to the one who plays tennis.The person who goes sailing lives next to the one with the cat.The person with the goldfish plays football.The person in the blue house has a cat.The Briton has a hamster.The Australian lives next to the yellow house.The person with the horse has a neighbour who is a plumber.The person in the center house is a lawyer.The Australian lives in the first house.The dog owner is a carpenter.Question: Who goes fishing?The AmericanThe AustralianThe BritonThe CanadianThe Irishman

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• He is a Pilot and has a hamster as a pet.
    Sorry
  • The Briton lives in the red house. He is a Pilot an has a hamster as a pet.
    He is the one who goes fishing.
  • No!

samouha said:
    the Australian
  • the Australian
  • Dear Mir! Thank you for being so active! I will place the rigt answer this weekend. Please, let others do some brain work!

Mir Jalal said:
    Peter

Tanya said:
    who took the Mars bar?
  • HI, friends! I've found some new amusement for you and I do hope you will like it. It should help you improve your vocabulary and spelling. So, here is the task.

Using the letter grid below, try to construct as many words as you can.. Each word must contain the letter “h” and no letter can be used twice. However, the letters do not have to be connected. Proper nouns are not allowed, however, plurals are. There is at least one nine- letter word. You should find at least 25 words. Make sure that your spelling is right using a dictionary. Here are a couple to start you off: ache, heart ...

R
    C
    O

E
    H
    S

R
    T
    A

Enjoy and good luck!
  • Ratham, nooo!

Rathanam. said:
    A person who lives in the green house , he is Australian, he is alawyer, he is fishing and have a pet dog
  • A person who lives in the green house , he is Australian, he is alawyer, he is fishing and have a pet dog
  • Hi, Mir! You got a wrong answer because you misunderstood this clue. Let me explain:

"Three of the friends are Alex, the one who found the job mowing the lawn, and the one who got the job from Mr. Halley."

There are 4 boys. Three of them are:
    1. Alex.
    2. The boy who found the job mowing the lawn.
    3. The boy who got the job from Mr. Halley.

The fourth one is not mentioned in this clue.

Is it clear now?
    Mir Jalal said:
    but the clue one states "Three of the friends are Alex, the one who found the job mowing the lawn, and the one who got the job from Mr. Halley."

isn't this mean that Alex got job from Mr. Halley for mowing the lawn?
  • Hi, guys! Here is one more logical problem for you. Please, be active. You will get the right answer in a week, as usual.

During the lunch hour at school, a group of five boys from Miss Jones home room visited a nearby lunch wagon. One of the five boys took a Mars bar without paying for it. When the boys were questioned by the school principal, they made the following statements in respective order:

1. Rex: "Neither Earl nor I did it."

2. Jack: "It was Rex or Peter."

3. Peter: "Both Rex and Jack are lying."

4. Dan: "Peter's statement is not true; one of them is lying and the other is saying the truth."

5. Earl: "What Dan said is wrong."

When Miss Jones was consulted, she said, "Three of these boys are always truthful, but everything that two of them say will be a lie." Assuming that Miss Jones is correct, who took the Mars bar?
This reply was deleted.