Games, riddles, quizzes

Today I am starting a new discussion. I hope you will like it. It is for those who like riddles, quizzes, logical problems, etc. Here is one of them.Who goes fishing?In this riddle you must assort the information given in order to find out who goes fishing.FactsThere are 5 houses of 5 different colours: blue, green, red, white, yellowIn each house lives a person of a different nationality: American, Australian, British, Canadian, IrishEach of the 5 house-owners has a certain job: carpenter, lawyer, pilot, plumber, waiterEach of the 5 house-owners has a certain hobby: chess, fishing, football, sailing, tennisEach of the 5 house-owners has a certain pet: cat, dog, goldfish, hamster, horseNone of them have the same pet, job or hobby.Other factsThe Irishman lives in the green house.The red house is on the immediate left of the white house.The person in the red house is a pilot.The American plays chess.The Canadian is a waiter.The person with the horse lives next to the one who plays tennis.The person who goes sailing lives next to the one with the cat.The person with the goldfish plays football.The person in the blue house has a cat.The Briton has a hamster.The Australian lives next to the yellow house.The person with the horse has a neighbour who is a plumber.The person in the center house is a lawyer.The Australian lives in the first house.The dog owner is a carpenter.Question: Who goes fishing?The AmericanThe AustralianThe BritonThe CanadianThe Irishman

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Suela! I am writing my comments as I promissed. You know, the idea of my group is learning more about English. So I hope you don't mind my corrections. Here they are.

"common with us interests...."
    "common goal"
    "can only do"
    "than risk"
    "it may be late"
    "without thinking"

Thank you for taking part in my activities!

Suela said:
    1 - We usually feel confortable when we are among people with the same social level ,because they have background, culture and interests in common with us.
    2 - We do not have to count victory before the end of the game or negotiation. The results can be negative.
    3 - With the union of every one we will be strong to have a good result. If we have a target in common we have to keep together.
    4 - There are some things we can only to do by ourselves. Opinions would get us confused .
    5 - Being too much ambitious , we can lose everything. It is better to keep what we already have , than risking to lose everything for something impossible to get.
    6 - We have to act at the right time , while the problem is happening, otherwise can be late.
    7 - From nothing there is nothing. If there is a comment there is a fact.
    8 - Bad things can happen if we are not alert.
    19 - We have to enjoy our peaceful moments.
    10 - We must not act without think.
  • You are right as to the sense of the proverbs. Let me say some more tomorrow, OK?

Suela said:
    1 - We usually feel confortable when we are among people with the same social level ,because they have background, culture and interests in common with us.
    2 - We do not have to count victory before the end of the game or negotiation. The results can be negative.
    3 - With the union of every one we will be strong to have a good result. If we have a target in common we have to keep together.
    4 - There are some things we can only to do by ourselves. Opinions would get us confused .
    5 - Being too much ambitious , we can lose everything. It is better to keep what we already have , than risking to lose everything for something impossible to get.
    6 - We have to act at the right time , while the problem is happening, otherwise can be late.
    7 - From nothing there is nothing. If there is a comment there is a fact.
    8 - Bad things can happen if we are not alert.
    19 - We have to enjoy our peaceful moments.
    10 - We must not act without think.
  • My dear! You are 100% right as to 1) -3). As to the fours proverb, it doesn,t mean cooking only. It means if too many people start doing the same at the same time bothering one another they will never succeed.

Besides, let me correct your mistakes as I usually do here.
    "should go". I believe it was just misprint.
    I don't like your sentense 2). You had better say something like this: " we shouldn't speak about the results of the action which hasn't taken place yet or incompleted action"
    "one another" if you speak about more than two people. "each other" is only for two .

Thank you very much for taking part in my activities despite being very busy.Always yours, Tanya.

golnaz said:
    1) every one in the same situation should goes with one like him e.g a cat with a cat a rich with a rich .
    2)we shouldnt say the results sooner than what is exactly going to happen
    3)we should work and try with each other as a group to see the best results
    4) evey one should cook for himself ,when ever someone join s to help every thing will go bad.
  • Here is a new game for you, guys. The following are famous English proverbs. You should explain the meaning of each one and describe the situation where you can use it. Sure, I will check out your answers and correct your mistakes as I usually do. Enjoy!

1. Birds of a feather flock together.
    2. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.
    3. Many hands make light work.
    4. Too many cooks spoil the broth.
    5. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
    6. Strike while the iron is hot.
    7. There's no smoke without fire.
    8. When the cat's away, the mice will play.
    9. Let sleeping dogs lie.
    10. Look before you leap.
  • You will get the right answer in a week

İbrahim Halil İnanç said:
    The Briton :))))))
  • The Briton :))))))
  • NOOOO!!

golnaz said:
    the australian
This reply was deleted.