Lies

LiesI am so sick and tired of them. The lies.......the deceit...the backstabbing. When will it ever end. Why do people do that. To advance in their career...to earn more money?? What is this? Doesn't anyone understand the true meaning of life. It's not worth it...none of it. Why can't we just be good to each other. Why can't we be honest.....We can't be perfect of course. But, why can't we try to strive for something just a bit less. Why lose a friend or a colleague willingly, why give up someone's love for something materialistic....or not even that...for something utterly and completely self-serving, even of it is the feeling of superiority. There's nothing wrong with ambition.....nothing wrong with trying to better yourself. Do your best, be honest and ethical....and in the end you will be rewarded. Maybe not with a huge paycheck, or an impressive title....but at least with people's love and respect.Maybe I'm talking of an ideal world......but I truly believe that's the way we should act. We will make mistakes...we will hurt each other every now and then......but we will not mean it...it just happens because we are human beings susceptible to making mistakes....but not because we meant it.People around me never ceaze to amaze me. I learn something every day from just watching them act and react. But sometimes, somethings are too much for me to comprehend. .I keep asking why?? why?? why was that necessary??I just want people to remember that....what goes around, comes around

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My dear Marinna
    The truth simply to see and say every thing as it without changing. No need to change any thing happens or happened because it dosen't agree with others' desires or even hurts them. If we depend on a basic and true principles, the truth will never be relative. Any way this is my point of view. Thanks a lot for this nice discussion.
    best wishes for you my dear

Marianna said:
    Dear Reem,
    The most important thing is to be as honest as you can be, and to live and let live.
    The truth could hurt as hard as a lie.
    However, in some discussions, who tell lies, who says the truth?
    Sometimes "my truth" is not valid for someone else. There are "relative" truth and relative lies. so, What's the TRUTH?
    Have a great day, my friend.

Reem Ali said:
    Hello Marianna
    Exactly a lot of people are not lier. But they can't tell the truth because it can hurt the others. But the truth is the best even if it hurts. Thanks a lot for this very nice comment.
    Wonderful times

Marianna said:
    People lie for million of reasons. Sometimes you can lie to yourself.
    Why to lie? I don't know, I think we must ask the answer by ourselves. It will help you to understand people just as they are, and no to try to make them different.
    Nobody could be 100% honest. If my best friend was dying and he doesn't want to know it, I will have to lie! I could tell lies, but I could be a good person as well.
    Honesty can hurt too!
  • Dear Reem,
    The most important thing is to be as honest as you can be, and to live and let live.
    The truth could hurt as hard as a lie.
    However, in some discussions, who tell lies, who says the truth?
    Sometimes "my truth" is not valid for someone else. There are "relative" truth and relative lies. so, What's the TRUTH?
    Have a great day, my friend.

Reem Ali said:
    Hello Marianna
    Exactly a lot of people are not lier. But they can't tell the truth because it can hurt the others. But the truth is the best even if it hurts. Thanks a lot for this very nice comment.
    Wonderful times

Marianna said:
    Why to lie? I don't know, I think we must ask the answer by ourselves. It will help you to understand people just as they are, and no to try to make them different.
    Nobody could be 100% honest. If my best friend was dying and he doesn't want to know it, I will have to lie! I could tell lies, but I could be a good person as well.
    Honesty can hurt too!
  • Hello my dear Saso
    A lot of people lie because of silly reasons. You are completely right. We are not perfect. But we can try to be honest most of the times. Thanks a lot for your lovely comment.
    Best wishes

Saso said:
    Dear Reem ,

I think that lies sometimes can be a normal thing that are said by human being , coz we are ot perfect . The point is not to make it a habbit and start to live within it . Life can be a great without such these lies ,but we still imperfect beings !

Thanx deary for sharing .
    Keep your smile
  • Hello Marianna
    Wonderful times

Marianna said:
    Honesty can hurt too!
  • Dear Reem ,

I think that lies sometimes can be a normal thing that are said by human being , coz we are ot perfect . The point is not to make it a habbit and start to live within it . Life can be a great without such these lies ,but we still imperfect beings !

Thanx deary for sharing .
    Keep your smile
  • People lie for million of reasons. Sometimes you can lie to yourself.
    Honesty can hurt too!
This reply was deleted.