Why do we need to study Literature ?

This question is the main one which I always hear from my English Proffessor in Literature lecture .. I tried to write an essay for that , but there are too many reasons which make me feel really down that i cant do that in few hours ..I really need more details , so i think that we all here can discuss this topic ..My friends .. from your pointviews .. why do we need to study literature ??I apperciate your thoughts ..

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello nobody ,

Thats an agreed thing , I totally agree with every single word ..
    Thanx for sharing ..

So long

Nobody said:
    Hello Saso,
    Let me ask you a question: How long does an ordinary man live? You may say for example 65 years. And I will ask you another question: How many people he would see? Certainly not too many. Now imagine that the above man starts to study literature. He would become familiar with thousands of different people. He would share every moment of a literary character's life or he may even put himself in their place and experience different kinds of life. Literature helps us to become familiar with others ( since good literary works are those that have examples in true world), so we can understand them better. Besides it provides a good chance for us to gain many experiences in our short span of life.
    Best Wishes,
    NOBODY
  • Hello mohammed ,

You are right .
    And we can find new ways of thinking and to learn how to face lifes by others pointviews .

HAve a nice day

Mohammed Al-falleh said:
    Dear, soso
    really . its good question and that leads to nice topic .
    Actually , as i think we need to study literature .
    1- Literature is filled with ideas that need to be explored.
    2- Literature helps us to see our world in new ways. It brings us to a deeper understanding of life.

Have a nice time.
  • Hello all my friends ..

Shaymol , hope ...
    I really apperciat your opinions , thanx for your help ..
  • litterature it's our heritage it's our culture it help us to understand our history and our level of thinking. each part of liturature helps us to discover our grandfathers it's a huge subject that last years
  • i think literature can help us many ways. First of all we can build up a strong vocabulary by studying literature which we can implement in speaking and writing. Secondly by reading literature we can build up our reading power, the more we read, the more we can grab it and it will increase day by day. Finally it uses different structure which can help to learn different grammatical structure and finally it gives us lots of idea about writing.

So i do like to appreciate to study literature as much as we can. it will definitely help us to improve our reading and writing.
This reply was deleted.