Should we give money to beggars?

Hello everybody, what do you think about this? Please can you share with your thoughts? Should we give money to beggars, why(not)? I have a dispute with my friend and I must prove her that we should give money to beggars. If you have any arguments about this topic, share with me please.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Saying "no" to the beggar is a wisdom, why ? coz by giving some money to them will be a bad habit and make their numbers multiply...
  • Hi Aizhana,

i liked shilpashruti's opinion so i am supporting her.
  • hi,
    i don't think that we should give money to beggars, because there is always a work for anybody who wants to work..
  • I don't know. But I give money to beggars
  • Hi friends, thank all of you for discussing, you are really helping me, I've known some new information from you=)). My dispute will be on next thursday, and if you have more ideas, you can write them, every comment will be helpful for me. Thanks a lot!!!
  • hi shipashruti, yes, i think u are completly right on what you say about your people and mafi of poors, but how can u now if all of them, the beggars i mean, belong to that group or are really homeless? i think we should help them, if u can, if they are or not real beggars, it's up to them, everything in life goes and comes, there's a God and if they're cheating they'll have a consequences, but if they really need....

shilpashruti said:
    Hi Aizhana...!
    Nice Discussion...
    Acutally it depends...if the beggar is an old person(Around 50) then we should give the money...if the beggar is younger or childern we should not encourage them by giving money.... They can earn money in number of ways...just bcoz of lazy or some other thing those people are begging i believe...
    Recently I saw in one of the newspaper that in one of the famous big city the bigger is earning 1000 rs per day..so he is earning more than the person who works... Bcoz of this kind of reasons also might lead them to beg..
    So I request everyone dont give money to young beggars (around 25) and children...
    Thanks,
    Shilpa..,,
    Make Someone smile and keep smililng...... It Costs nothing....
  • i do believe that we should give money to beggars because most of these people are a consequence of a system that put them aside, they don't have the same opportunities as we do, i mean, education, health, food, etc.etc. i live in argentina, where we have a lot of beggars,many people think it's not good giving them money because they say they should work or try to do something....but when u don't have anything, i mean, you are homeless, no job, no education, nothing...how can you improve in this world where money is needed for everything? at least with the money everybody gives them, they can get some food or something just to survive one more day, nothing else...i hope this message can help u!!!
  • Yes,I agree with Shilpa too.Who is able to work,then do so!
    I even heard of so a called "Begger maffia",poor people beg,and those evil people take away a half of their money...or so...very sad thing.
  • Hi Aizhana...!
    Nice Discussion...
    Acutally it depends...if the beggar is an old person(Around 50) then we should give the money...if the beggar is younger or childern we should not encourage them by giving money.... They can earn money in number of ways...just bcoz of lazy or some other thing those people are begging i believe...
    Recently I saw in one of the newspaper that in one of the famous big city the bigger is earning 1000 rs per day..so he is earning more than the person who works... Bcoz of this kind of reasons also might lead them to beg..
    So I request everyone dont give money to young beggars (around 25) and children...
    Thanks,
    Shilpa..,,
    Make Someone smile and keep smililng...... It Costs nothing....
  • Hi, dear Monika, thank you for sharing your opinion, I surely will take it on note)
This reply was deleted.