How to speak English well???

If you want to speak English well, what should you do to improve your English? Having no doubt that speaking English is very important in the real-life and working. But speaking English well is not difficult as everybody thought. Let's follow these steps in order to speak English well.1.StepsFirst of all you have to know how to read and speak primitive English. Just try to start as soon as you can. To keep in touch with the language is, maybe, the most important step on learning any language.Learning English requires a lot of practice, so don't wait! Try borrowing some books from a friend and try to talk with your friends that have better skills than you do in English, even if you're in a country which the native language is not English.Grammar is important, but the only way to fix all those rules in your mind is through conversation. Don't ever forget that!Many languages have similar rules, but remember: When learning a language, use Translation only in the beginning! If you use translation a lot, this might become an addiction, which won't let you to THINK in English. Thinking in the language is mandatory, after a certain point.Get a bunch of books written for young people. They use to be in plain English and it's a good way to start, before reading any more complex books.2.TipsTry to speak English as much and as often as possible.Reading books is a good way to improve your English. When reading, read them aloud, so you can practice your pronunciation. Remember that books are, maybe, the best teachers you'll ever get! They give you new vocabulary, practice your grammar (since you see a lot of sentences, this helps you to memorize the rules) and give you more control of the language.Watching TV and listening to the talk back radio will effectively improve your English. Watching the news is a good way to start, because most of the journalists speak very clearly, without strong accents.Read, read, read. The more you read the better your English will be. Through reading you acquire new vocabulary without even realizing.Whenever possible read aloud. This way you will improve your pronunciation.3.WarningsLearning English requires a lot of practice and determination, so don't try to learn everything at once, but don't ever give up!Remember that the hardest part on learning English is to get the correct pronunciation, since the grammar is very easy, in comparison to other languages.4.Things You'll NeedA bilingual dictionary in the beginning and an English-English dictionary further on.A Thesaurus to improve your vocabulary.To surround yourself with English. This is very important!!Motivation! Keep trying and you'll be able to learn!!!

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is very normal, I remembered one of first friend, I was doing the same, I was memorizing what I was going to say and when I was with him everything got confuse, but, take it like this, learning English is like driving a bycicle, it's going to take sometime and you can go down but don't forget if you want to drive it you have to get on it again until you get it right, everybody feel fear but sooner or later you will conquer it. Fear is part of the learning process, the meaning of this fear is that you are stepping in a new level.
  • When you are learning English, for sure, you will encounter a time when you think you are not learning anymore, don't stop, continue trying, the only way to learn the language is practicing every day, read a lot, when you find a word that repeat many times, find the meaning and write it down. Most people speak certain numbers of words in common conversation, try to learn those first. Thank you for the article.
  • Hi Nobody!!!
    You are right, learning a new language must be a long time, and we should be patient.Keep your try, and you'll improve your English better...
  • Hello nguyenhaly:
    Thanks for this useful topic...Have a nice day.
    Emilie
  • thanks a lot for your advice .... i'm really having lots of problems on speaking .... i feel that when i want to speak ...at first , i start to memorize what i'm going to say on my mind then i feel that Mmm like NO i cant say that ...i'm going to be silly if i say that ..and what if i say something wrong .. people will start to laugh at me .. these things always come to my mind when i want to say something in front of others ... i really feel that i have a good knowledge and somehow good experience.. but this what happens all the time .. unfortunately ...
  • Thanks a lot for your valuable experiences, I believed that these tips work certainly that is based on my determination too.
    Until today, everyway that I did so I came to the same point. I agree with your advices.
    My Resgards,
  • Thank you for writing in this topic realy I want to speak english fluenty as possiple as I CAN
This reply was deleted.