English is so weird language!

We’ll begin with a box, and the plural is boxes;but the plural of ox became oxen not oxes.One fowl is a goose, but two are called geese,yet the plural of moose should never be meese.You may find a lone mouse or a nest full of mice;yet the plural of house is houses, not hice.If the plural of man is always called men,why shouldn’t the plural of pan be called pen?If I spoke of my foot and show you my feet,and I give you a boot, would a pair be called beet?If one is a tooth and a whole set are teeth,why shouldn’t the plural of booth be called beeth?Then one may be that, and three would be those,yet hat in the plural would never be hose,and the plural of cat is cats, not cose.We speak of a brother and also of brethren,but though we say mother we never say methren.Then the masculine pronouns are he, his and him,but imagine the feminine, she, shis and shim

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I like English Language and you are right Kamel it has weird rules and words but it is an international language. Arabic has some weird rules in grammar which is more difficult,what do you think?
  • Hi Jan,
    Not only funny but also useful.Thanks for your comment.
    So long
    Kamel

Jan Khan said:
    hahah this is funny. thanks for sharing!
  • Hi Sara,
    you are welcome.Have a great day.
    Kamel

sara bennnani said:
    hi kamel ,
    thanks for the poem it's beautiful
    have a nice time
  • hahah this is funny. thanks for sharing!
  • hi kamel ,
    thanks for the poem it's beautiful
    have a nice time
  • Hi Ruben,

I think there are many weird languages all over the world.Thanks for the comment.
    So long
    Kamel

ruben said:
    so true, even though german is more weird!
  • Hi Saso,

I'm glad to hear that.Thanks for nice comment.
    Keep smiling
    Kamel

Saso said:
    Hello Kamel ...

It so funny , nice poem
    you make me smile today ^-^

Thanx angle
  • Hello Kamel ...

It so funny , nice poem
    you make me smile today ^-^

Thanx angle
This reply was deleted.