Hint:The word of the day begins with the letter “E” and has 7 letters long.• Don’t e _ _ _ _ _ _ him by giving so much work.• Walking three blocks e _ _ _ _ _ _ s me.• I can’t wait to go home. I’m so e _ _ _ _ _ _ ed that I cannot do anything else.Can you guess the word of the day?The word of the day means “make someone so tired, either physically or mentally, that have no energy left.”Thanks you Frank DiSalle for correcting my sentences.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The winner of this word are DM, mona, and decue666. Good luck for others .
  • Dear Skoon,

Here are my suggested rules for this contest:
    1. A question will be posted any time of the day.
    2. From the time the question appears, all entries will be accepted in moderation.
    3. Entries will be published as soon as the three correct answers are generated.
    4. The contest ends for a day when Skoon announces the three winners.
    5. At the end of the month, the person who gets the highest score will be declared the winner.
    Rule 1 - Since you encountered some problems regarding the setting of time before, I suggest that it would be better if you should not have a definite time to post your question to avoid taking sides. Why? Because not all who join this contest have similar time with others.

Rule 2 - When your question appeared, all entries will be accepted in moderation. From these entries, there will appear three correct answers....(It does not necessarily mean that they appear in succession). There is no need to set a fixed number of hours to accept all entries. As soon as the third correct answer appears, that ends the contest.

Rule 3 - 4 You can publish all entries (from the earliest entry (though it is incorrect) to the last correct entry which is the third correct answer). These are the only ones (including the wrong entries) which will be published. And this will be followed by your announcement of the 3 names of members who got the correct answers for the day. Entries after the third correct answer need not be published.

Rule 5 - It does not necessarily mean that 3 persons will get the same scores at the end of the month because there will always appear one winner with the highest score. (So, you don't have to declare the 2nd and the 3rd as winners, too).

My dear Skoon...this is only my suggestion. Still, the final decision is in your hands. I just want to ease you of any load that this contest is bringing.
    • Putting answers in moderation is really a good idea and there are some member like this too but the problem is there is no process like this in groups. I've created a discussion on Technical Help two days ago but no answer. So I sent a message to Miss. Benwell early yesterday but still no answer. I'm waiting for their answer in order to announce the new strategy.

Thanks for your effort anele. I like your bright suggestions that I need. So keep them up !
      Skoon ...
  • umm I'm using dictionary's example sometimes. But sometimes you can't get the word from its example because they are just a small phrase. I'm trying to make examples easy for you to get the word. I thought of an idea and I'm thinking of how it will be done !!

Thanks Ensie. You are really a great friend! I do appreciate your every comment.
    Skoon ...
  • You have not used the word properly, in all three examples.
    The first example is good.
    The second example is a poor one. The better way to say it would be, "Walking three blocks exhausts me." "Exhaust" has no comparative sense ("a lot") because to be exhausted is to be entirely without energy.
    The third example is incorrect. It should read. "I'm so exhausted that I cannot do anything else."
    Using such examples makes it hard to guess the word, and leaves the readers poorly informed as to how to use the words.
    • You are right Frank. I'm not native speaker but I'm trying to do my best. My English still needs improvement; as you notice. I got an idea, what about if I send the word with its examples one day before posting to correct them if there is any mistake?

Ps. I correct the examples above.
      Thank you very much !
      Skoon ...
  • You are most welcome. I'd thank you for your nice suggestion too. you, DG, anele, and Nazie. You helped me a lot. Thanks !
  • I'm being late for announce the final strategy because there is no moderated comment in groups; as I know. I'm trying to connect with Miss. Benwell and Technical Help but I'm still waiting for the answer. Once I get the answer, I'll let you know the strategy for November's challenge.

Cheers
    Skoon ...
  • thnks Dreamy Girl ;)
  • I was late yesterday, so I didn't left a comment. I'm also late today, why is this always happens with me??????
This reply was deleted.