=CREATIVE LIBRARY=

Hi! 

The modern humanity develops very fast and sometimes we caught ourselves on the  thought that we lost something inside ourselves. We compare modern children and children of the past and we see that sometimes in some cases we don't have evolution but we have degradation. 

To my mind, some things can prevent from it and one of them is "reading". 

I want to tell you that I have this hobby and I prefer to read only real books (not e-books and so on). So usually I go and buy several books a month in order to have my own big library when I'm on pension :D

I want to open this discussion/library in order to make a place of good and valuable reading books I have in my library and that impressed me a lot. 

I would appreciate if you could add your books from your library with your comments as answers on the questions: 

1) Why do you need to read this book?

2) Will it teach you anything? 

3) Is it worth staying in your library? 

Have a save reading journey :) 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My last book is "Public enemy number two" from Anthony Horowitz. 

In that way i learn language. I found it in "second hand". Shop with old used clothes (and book from time to time:)). So i both it for 1zł. It is less that 1euro.

I know some new words. I dont think, that i lerned somathing from the story. It is only nice funy crime story. 

is it worth staying in me library? yes, but it will not. I swap with other readers. Bookcrossing is very popular in my city. For me is it great idea, don't you think?

• i saw something like that in Poland. I love it:D but i draw, and clambing, and ride the horse... and don't have enought time;/ Have you any finished? show me how it looks? pleaeee.... :D

• There is a book (fiction) but based on the historical back ground.  Those who are interested in reading must read it................The Da'vinci Code by Dan brown.  Find the Edition with illustration, it helps the readers to understand even better.

• I do not like reading from e-book. When I read a real book, it takes me within the atmosphere of the story, whereas this is not the same with e-books.

• Hi Mishaikh thanks for your respond, yes everyone have a different ways to enjoy what they did, included in this case. They have the strong reasons about they did, I believe that. So I appreciate what you prefer between both, e-book or paper books. 

Reading is a good habbit. :)

• Hi Honey Bee, pretty good topic at the time, I think. Yes for few decades internet have changed already of our life style not only an adults but teenages and kids as well . They are prefer wasting their time in front of their gadgets for playing a games or social media activities, included me for honestly :D.

Anyway, I agree with you about the advantages of a books. A books likes a window of world in which we can know everything without go anywhere. Paper books or e-books it is only the taste matter, which we are prefer between them. No matter the kind of books we prefer to read, but reading is a good habbit. Absolutely agree. Some times I  can stayed any longer in library but sometimes I can not, I can enjoyed to read the book in my room or others places. So that I prefer e-books, although I have collection of motivation books.

Thanks for sharing your good idea for us. :)

• I do have collection of books in my (actually it is my brother's) library, but it is dominated by the books in our native language, they are all worth to read. I read them gradually, I also take number of them with my when I travel to USA.

I will try to comment on any of them, but since it belong to us 'natively', so readers in EC may not find it interesting.

• I will publish here only books that can be found in English as well :) 

• Last week when I responded to the door bell, there was a lady (our neighbor), she gave me a big shopper bag and told me, "These are books I borrowed from your wife to read".

Those were at least 50 books...................................A BOOK LOVER!!!! (Addict of reading). 

• The Art of Zendoodle :) 

Do you know what is it? It's my new hobby. It helps you to relax and to calm down. By coloring these pages you can have nice pictures and very beautiful and creative images. There are many books dedicated to this kind of art so you can buy any you like. 

Here are the books I have in my own library dedicated to Zendoodle with my first results. Actually coloring one page can take at least 5-6 hours :)))) I found it a perfect thing when you need to wait for a plane or the flight is very long :) 

2643505231?profile=original

2643505198?profile=original

and I love this cat :) 

2643505244?profile=original

This reply was deleted.