Week 8b: Friday, 31 October 2014

(1) Listen to the News by Tara: Listen to the recording of the latest news bulletin by Tara (there is a script, but please practice your listening too). To get to the News, follow this path:

Go to "Learn English for Learners" at the top of the page; then click on "listening"; then click on "Listening to the News"; scroll down to the latest news bulletin and click on the link; then on the new page, click on "listen to podcast of article".

A few students would be elected to tell the class the news by Tara (pse remember it is an oral class and not a reading class!).

(2) Video lesson: Stories from Morocco

We'll watch this 17 minute video about the development and learning of English in this northern African country, Morocco. Thereafter we'll answer questions in groups.

It is not necessary for you to watch this video before class as we'll watch it twice, but if you would like to, here is the path to follow on this website (as the video is available on this website):

Go to "LEARN ENGLISH for Learners" at the top of this page; then click on listening; then scroll down and click on "The Learning English Video Project"; when you get to the last page, scroll down till you get to the right video (the 7th and last one on the page). Here is a direct link: https://www.englishclub.com/learning-english-video/index.htm

Pse read the attachment too.

morocco-class-worksheet.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Firstly,I think it's a wise warning.If the officers don't appear in uniform they can avoid being noticed by terrorist and it's good at arresting terrorists.But I don't think the officers will complied with it. Because most of offices think there is special meaning of uniform to them like national fiag.
    Secondly,I clicked on the link but I couldn't watch it.I searched the headline in Baidu ,unfortunately, there is nothing about it.looking forward to watch it in class.I'd like to know more about other countries.
    I'm sorry to comment too late,i will early next time.
    • You were not late, Sun Huanmeng; as long as you do your comment before the class so that I can see you know what the lesson was about. But, this time, like all (but one) other students, you didn't comment on the most important part of the lesson which wasn't the news. The idea wasn't that the students watch the video by themselves (I said that in the lesson content), but they were supposed to read through the class worksheet which was attached.

• Hi John!I am Helen.I can't use my account,so i use Catrina's to comment today's course content.I listen the mews.It descripts a terrist who killed the government official.After this,there is a same thing.It lets us think some important things.As far as i am concerned,maybe we should think the safety of the important person,or they can strengthen management system.To be honest,i really hope that the social will not happen this thing.
    mews.it
    This domain may be for sale!
    • I hope you have sorted your computer out now, Helen? I asked Tony to contact you to offer his help. We must get your computer fixed this weekend! Btw, you know now that the news was only a very small part of the lesson, right? So, next time you will read through the lesson content yourself and give me the correct comments (and not just follow the incorrect example of your classmates before you). Thank you.

• There are so many words I can't hear clearly,aftering looking through the script ,such a gullish I am ,it's unbelievable I didn't work it out myself.But one thing I can sure is that by making effort I would completely understand it gratually.
  • I am sorry for lacking a part of comment.Just now,i finished watching the video.It consists of several tips,such as the reason why people in Morocco learn english,the experience that students have and the tips learners can offer,and the way to teach english at an international school in Morocco.
  • I am very commiserate the killed soldier who was really innocent.Maybe he just got this good job a few days ago and had many fantasies for his future.But it all were ended by this terrorist attack and all his dreams were shattered. Therefore, This attacks should be punished.Maybe it has a lot of reasons for it's germination,but it can't be the reason of the young life's dead.
  • After listening to the news,I am deeply shocked by terrorist incident happened in Canada.At first,I can not understand the news very well.i understand the content after read it.I think my English listening is poor,and I will make effort to improve it.In addition,I am also look forward to the video on class today.
    Kanada Immobilien, Canada Land, Grundstücke, Canada Real Estate, Kanada Farmen, Inseln, Wassergrun…
    Kanada Immobilien, Canada Land, Grundstücke, Canada Real Estate, Kanada Farmen, Inseln, Wassergrundstücke, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario, Brit…
  • I have already heard the news three times, but i haven not understood all.Only know about soldiers and murder.Finally through the translation tools.At last i find my vocabulary is too little.

http://tools.At/
  • I listened the news successive times. However,the result is so disappointed for me ,you know.Thanks to the headline which help me catched the main mean,although I lost many details of it. I really found the difference between Chinese and foreigners' grammar though the exercise.Oh,it's must be a long way for me to enhance my poor listening skill.
This reply was deleted.