Replies

• I have seen this movie,and the teacher's determination and patience to his students moved me deeply.He is so clever and kind to his student,he respect them as his own children instead of looking down upon them because of their bad grades and characters.What impressed me is the teacher promised them if they concentrated on the class,he would drink a box of milk every 15 seconds.and he did.SO I learn that we can't give up anything we have decided,only try our best to do and find the good way can we gain the success.
    • Thanks for the comment, Li Yaze. Yes, truly an outstanding teacher. And apart from that, an honest one too! I was also very impressed by the good principles he's displayed; absolute a man of integrity and one a person could trust. His students noticed that and that's why they started loving and respecting him, and I think they did their best just for him. I'm glad you learned something from that event where he started winning their trust with the boxes of milk he drank while teaching grammar. If one says one thing, one must stand by that word and not do another thing - in the west we call that integrity (of course it is just plain honesty!). But it is a good habit to learn from another! ;-)

• There is nodoubt that i have falled in love with Mr Clark.he is a so great teacher,you know I can be teached by him.he is so confident with his students while he once gave up ,but he tried his best again even he got pneumonia.at last,his students got the best grades in the last exam cause of his teaching.To be honest,I cried at the end of the class,yeah,I love this taavher so much.

• Wow Zhu Qianfeng, did Mr Clark made such a great impression on you?! Of course we can all agree with you that he was really a wonderful teacher. Oh, and don't feel shy about the tears; it's quite human to show emotions through tears (it is abnormal not to show emotions!). :)

• I was so touched and moved that I cried.
    Mr.Clark tells his students'we are a family.'
    Firstly,his students can't stand him.But he tries to use his true love and expectations for them to make them moved.
    He hasn't been limited in the traditional way of teaching. He combines the history events with rap, which was so popular in the children. And the effect is so obvious. The children can remember them easily.
    What'more,the children get to be more confident because of his encouragement.Finally,his labour is rewarded with good fruit.
    And Mr.Clark also tells me Beside abundant professional knowledge and technical ability and skilled teaching technique what is more important for a good teacher is to have sound personality and healthy mentality.
    I love the movie~.
    • Thank you for the comment, Sun Huanmeng. I agree with your sentiments about Mr Clark; what a great teacher! Seeing that you gave quite a lengthy comment, you don't have to comment again at tomorrow's lesson (week 8a); but you can decide about that! :)

• I think this film is very good.The teacher in the film is a good teacher ,he liked every students in his class,and never give up one people .He has himself's dream and go on doging it,although he faced many difficults but at the end of he was successful

• Yes, I also think it is a great movie, Wang Xiaoxu. Don't forget to leave your comment on tomorrow's lesson (week 8a) and you may answer the questions I asked there. :)

• I think this movie will become one of my favorate movies after this class haha .when I watching the movie in the class I could`t help crying .I admired Mr.clark very much .He treated his students without any prejudice.What impressed me most is this sentence"To go for what they want in life.dream big.take risks."so I know if we want we should follow our heart and just do it!!!!
    • I'm glad you enjoyed the movie, Kay (that was what I thought!). Yes, one can't help shedding some tears when movies are so touching. I am glad I am a foreigner who were not brought up and taught that men/boys don't show emotions (a lie, I believe)! But, Mr Clark then didn't stop here. He went on to found the Ron Clark Academy for students from poor and disfunctional families like those students he had. It still operates today in the US. Yes, a great (true) story of humanity at its best, with kindness, mercy and love toward ones fellowman featuring strongly. This is how life was designed to be.

This reply was deleted.