Week 17: Monday, 29 December 2014

(1) Vocab test

The test consists of 30 questions and will comprise of the vocabulary we learned in all the lessons this semester. It will be in the format of a multiple choice questionnaire and you choose the correct answer from three possible answers. We will meet in our classroom 341, but we'll move to another bigger classroom for the test.

(2) Short awards ceremony

Categories:

1. Best 3 role plays (+ one consolation prize)

2. Best 3 English Club commentators

3. Best vocab test result (to stand over)

P.S. - COMMENTS:

This is the very last opportunity for comments (and to gain a final mark if you want one!). Please answer the following questions in your comments:

1. What did you like in the classes? What kind of lessons helped you?

2. What did you dislike in classes? Except for the teacher who didn't smile sufficiently and was too strict (sorry!), which lessons didn't help you at all?

3. In your view, do you feel you have made progress during this semester with regard to your English language skills? Yes/No? Why do you think so?

The comments don't have to be in before the next class. This time you can do the comment after class - as long as I can get it before next Friday (2nd Jan 2015) as I then want to finalize the semester grades. Thank you. :)

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The course end so fast, what I like most is to see a short video, first, through a short video, I can learn many culture. Secondly, by answering a short video problems, I can learn a lot of words and,at the same time I can practice my listening. Then, I think the listening part also help me a lot,it improve my listening, of course, retell the content of news also improved my oral English ability. Finally, the comments section also has the very big help to me, especially writing.
    compared with other part exercises, I think the word exercise help me little. Because every time in the word practice,i am not concentrate on it entirely.so it do not help me a lot.
    I think through the course my spoken English has a great progress. Because every time the class will have a lot of spoken English training. Before that speaking english is a challenge to me , on the one hand, the usual practice is too little, on the other hand, i always afraid of missay. But now, I feel that speaking English is a very happy thing, I like to speak English and I am not afraid of speaking English
  • First of all, thank you John for this time companing. In fact, I really enjoy this course for some time, because we rarely have the opportunity to communicate in English with everything. Role play is what I love most, very interesting, we can play a very happy and is the good way to exercise our speaking skill. Every time the teacher let us communicate with partner I also liked , say what you feel in english will give me a strange feeling, they help me a lot. And try to understand what John said, for me it is a very good exercise. And I think that's pretty much my progress, from the two aspects include listening and speaking,having a remarkable change i think.I clearly remember the first time I answer the question of the scene, make an ambiguous statement for a long time didn't answer it.But now i have changed,do you think so,john?!hey.. There's no dislike actually, but some will make me feel a little boring, like the following questions (choose turth the false), vocabulary. I feel it useless...
  • 'No pains,no gains' is a familiar proverb to us.During the semester i made obvious progress especially in oral English.I like the time when we are discussing questions.Everyone knows that we chinese don't speak english frequently.The time provides us with opportunity to practice English.Video lesson helps me so much.I can check whether my pronunciation is right.I think the material is rare.That makes us not convenient.Sum up,the class is very essential.I really benefit from the lesson.Now,i am not so afraid as before when it's my turn to speak english.Thank you for your help.Best wishes..
  • 1.In this class, my favorite is the group discussion, because in the past, my English level is very low, I know that if you want to learn a foreign language, you need to use it, but because the environment, no one is talking with me in English, so my English is very bad, remember at first in this class, when the group discussion I don't know how to say. I am very stressed. But now, when I was in discussion, I can tell my own ideas, though not very fluently.
    2.In fact, in the beginning, because of my English level is very low, so for this class I have pressure, so because of my subconscious to escape idea, so in this class, in every time the teacher draw, I would be very afraid, afraid of the answer is not good on my own.This is a point I feel awkward.
    3.In this class, I think my progress is very obvious. In the beginning, answer problem is I don't know how to say, then can express my own ideas. Let me excited, the progress and let me more confident, because I also can talk with others in English. In writing and English composition, I can express my own point of view.
    In fact, I was able to enter the class was lucky, my English progress in many aspects. In the beginning, I also know that this will be a special experience in my life. Now, I am more convinced that this point of view. Thanks very much for the lovely John teacher and help my classmates .
  • John,you know we love you and your lessons.You are a good teacher because you are serious about every class and you always do lots of preparation to tell us what to do next class.
    I like you play movies in class,and play some video about learning English.It’s interesting so we love to watch.and it is so helpful to our hearing,help us know the life as well as the background about native speakers of English.In my opinion,the most usefull course is role play but not the most interesting.It is true we have learned into practice.We talk with partner in English,and we think seriously,really a language environment.
    Seriously,if I must say,the classroom atmosphere at first is not good because Chinese students are so shy as you say.It’s our problems not yours.To be honest,I can’t pick out the problems of the course.(oh,by the way,I hope you privately,can communicate in English with us.)
    I think I may have made progress during these classes.At the very least we hearing is certainly has the progress.you know we listen to you every class.we can understand most of your meaning,and what you say at first I don’t even understand.There is no doubt that my spoken English ability is enhanced,because I communicate with Cai Huibin in English during the class.I feel communicate in English not as hard as I used to be.
    At last,I want to seriously say thank you to you.

• John, though you spend less time in contact with you, but I think I'm hard to forget you, because you are my first foreign teacher. I am a very people who are not good at English, it let me headache, but still very happy to learn English with you, I think I like the most in this class should be zhang yingying,She always helps me, also very thank her. I like the group discussion approach to learning, because it was easy, everyone is talking about their views of freedom. Not that I don't like something, because I always feel that all things have the meaning of existence.
    Although very little time for class, but also improve my ability in English, at first I dare not say the sometime, also fear the teacher draw to me, but I'm not afraid of the slowly, also dare to say, even in the beginning of the class have conflicting emotions, but it soon session now, something to.
    Finally, want to talk to the teacher say thank you, because I think you are very serious in every class to prepare many things for us. I think John is responsible . thank you
  • 1、It is English-talk atmosphere which I like most.In the past,we can't get corrected if we speak English in a wrong way.But in this class,we can hear the pure English,learn how to speak English. I think it help us a lot.

2、I like all in the class,but i think listening to the English songs can help less because we haven't get into that level.I think talking can help more.

3、Of course yes.Because this class provides us a good atmosphere for us to learn English,especially oral English.we can talk a lot and listen a lot.I get benifit from it.And the most important is to remind me to keep studying English.English is really important.
    http://most.In/
  • Time really flies, our curriculum is over. On addition, let me have a chance to improve my oral English ability, in ordinary life, simply can not find the opportunity to improve their. At the same time I writing skills improved also help, let me know the outside world, the culture of other countries, broaden my view. But sometimes the teacher give attention to the front, rather than with the class interaction, let us sometimes only as a spectator, and not really into them, feeling a lot of harvest really, let me improve the ability to communicate with others, and party with snow also improved our understanding between each other.All of a sudden feeling of coming to an end, looking back on the days together with foreign teachers, their point of view also slowly change。
  • We had finished the role play today.In fact I and my partner had prepared a lot for this role play.But as you can see I think I was too nervous and didn't play well.But it's a great process that we prepare for it.We try our best to use some good vocabularies and find a more advanced grammar.We grow in self-denial. And we are going to have the vocabulary test on monday.I don't know how many scores I wil get but I know this class is really helped me.To tell the truth.I used to think maby this class won't did any help.However the fact is when I listen to the CET-4 listenning I feel it was slowly.This is the first time I feel this way.An amazing progress!!!Meanwhile more change is happenning...
    I think the most thing I like is the role play and work in pairs.We can say anything we want to say and share it with partners.We regard ourselver as the roles in the situation and improve ourselves unconsiously.If I must to say something dislike I will choose the classroom.Yeah it's too small and limited.
    I am very happy that I am the first one to do the final comments haha~~But I hearded from other classmates that you won't teach us anymore after finshed this class.You will go to FuXin. But the humor and lovely man I will remembered forever!Miss you.
This reply was deleted.