Week 15b: Friday, 19 December 2014

(1) Tara's News

This is the last time we'll do the news. Students who haven't done the comments during the past week, will tell us the news first. So, if you are serious about improving your listening skills, please listen to the news; this is probably also the last time you would ever do it as students just don't visit this website any longer to practice their language skills by themselves.

(2) Class activity: Describing a car accident.

We'll divide into 7 or 8 small groups and follow the script in the attachment. At the end of the role plays, each group will report back to the class about the outcome of the accident report.

M - W15b - Role play - car accident.rtf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In recent years there're more and more cars on the road and the traffic accident is more and more frequent.In this role play game we are going to pretened to be a true policeman.If there is a traffic accident. How can I get more information for the first time?How can I deduce the truth from these information?I think It sounds like a difficult job maby.But looking forward to doing this.
    Time goes by.It's the last time we do the news.In fact I do really get improve in doing this news listenning exercise.It's really helpful.
    http://frequent.In/
    • Well Kay, if you really mean what you're saying, then it appears that the additional exercises on this website (apart from what we do in class) did help at least one student! Maybe there would even be more! But, I hope that you and maybe a few of your classmates would continue using this website for additional practice of your language skills. From next month it depends on yourself ..!

• The old lady didn't repair her old car regularly ,she didn't realize the brake of the have malfunctioned .As she was talking about dinner with her grandanghter,they were going to arrive a cross where there is a traffic signal, she applied the brakes but it didn't work, at this time a Rolls Royce was just crossing the cross ,owner of Rolls Royce turned to another road to escape the old car while he saw the car is almost hit his new and luxrury car ,but it's too late.
    There are many bystanders watching this accident happend,they just watched .Rolls Royce owner called the police officer.Police asked everyone at the spot to figure out who should be the one take the responsibililty.Of course the old lady should take most of the damnum.
    Another thing is lady's grandkid is in the hosptal for her head was hitted ,fortunately she is recovering quickly.
    • Thanks for the first comment, Katherine. Wow, you got an outstanding imagination! So, your accident happened at an intersection in the road (like the picture in the lesson outline)! And her granddaughter hit her head (probably against the windscreen - had no safety belt on!); hope her injury wasn't too serious! Well, I think you would do well in tomorrow's role plays! :)

This reply was deleted.