Replies

• I think everyone has different bad habits.some are few and some has more.I also have many bad habits,such as getting up lately,lazy and so on.And getting over it is a really difficult period which i have ever gone through.Having a habit may need 3 months' time,but getting over it really need more.We should make our efforts to do it.What we need is not only determination,but also concionsous.We should have the realiztion to do this thing.Meanwhile,there will not be easy in this progress,thus we should realize it and don't give up.One day we will win!
    • Gina, you can't have many bad habits; you are too young! Old guys like me can claim that (not that I'm proud of some of them)! But you are right that we should show the will to give up some of the bad habits (starting by acknowledging that it is a bad habit!). Many people don't see the need to give up bad habits. I think they just don't care to improve their lives (I've witnessed that)!

• If i were Emily and had no plans on saturday,i would be willing to attend Joan's christmas party.I think Joan is so shy and timid that she is so lonely.On the other hand ,Emily's friends shouldn't treat Joan with such bad attitudes ,and evev ridicule her,they don't have a right to feel how they do about Joan.In my opinion,Emily and Joan can ever be good friends,because such sheer different people can easily get along well with each other.
    As for my bad habits,maybe i can't insist on one thing to totally extend.In order to overcome it, i'll improve myself little by little,like just from insisting on one very small thing.Obscales are always be there,needed us to put it away.
    joan.in - This website is for sale! - joan Resources and Information.
    This website is for sale! joan.in is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what y…
    • I agree with you, Jiang Dan, that those friends of Emily had bad attitudes (not only toward Joan, but probably in life also). But sadly, in today's life, people don't care much about having bad attitudes; many think it is their right to be like that ..! Haha, do you really have bad habits?! You look like such a sweet girl who can't be plagued by wrong habits! ;-)

• Just as the old saying in China "no one is perfect just like no gold is pure completely "In other words, whether you are rich or poor, status in high or low, everyone in the world has one or more bad habits, but how to correct and overcome them in order to be perfect closely is the most important thing.The article mentioned two steps which was the real-individual recognition and thorough decision.However,as far as I can see,it’s really a tremendous difficulty to cross them.For example,my father never admit that smoking is a nasty habit. Under the united supervision of the family, he had to eat snacks such as some seeds and sweets to give up smoking as possible as he can.But sadly, the action and determination of quiting smoking can only last a week at most.Because he was easy to become irritable and nagging without cigarette.Let us proud, now he is in the small amount rather than before.Besides,my dad smoke at home any more!
    • You are right, Liu Weifang, that bad habits don't care whether one is rich or poor; if it wants to imprison you with some nasty habit, it'll happen! But you mentioned an important point about quitting a bad habit; and that is that one should believe yourself that the habit is bad or unhealthy and therefore you need to quit. If one doesn't believe that, one would care about giving up that nasty habit. And even if you succeeded quitting the habit for a while, you'll take it up again later, as you mentioned. But smoking is not only a habit; we tend to forget that. It is also an addiction (though not many would admit that!). And to quit something which your body is addicted to, is much more difficult. Well, I am happy for you if your father isn't smoking at home (or inside the home) any longer!

• After reading the story,i think Joan feels lonely for she is too timid and shy to communicate with her classmates.Her classmate can't know her heart well,so they dislike to company with her.In my opinion,others have no reasons to approach to you forwardly.Pepole should close to each other.Of course we should care for our classmates who are shy.
    As to bad habits,everyone more or less have some bad habits.They may be consious or subconcious.I also have some bad habits,For example ,i usually so impatient that i interrupt others when they talk to me .As a result the talker would be very embarrassed or i didn't understand his purpose .It is a really bad habit.Then i tried to break the habit gradually.It is very hard ,but now i have some patience to listen to others.I believe i will succeed in the end. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
    • Hou Jialei, I agree with you that we should care for our classmates who are shy! Being timid and shy is not a bad characteristic, I believe; it just represents a different personality (and in many cases, a more attractive one, I think!).

I am glad you are trying to break the bad habit of interrupting the speaker; I will be alert next time I talk with you! Yes, patience is a virtue ... I am working on mine nearly daily as I am in need of much of that! ;-)

• to get rid of a bad habit, it is important that we first get to know how harmful the habit really is. take the habit of smoking as an example. obviously, smoking is harmful to one's health. it can result in lung cancer and heart attack. besides, smoking is awasteof money. a heavy smoker spends almost as much money a day as he pays for his own meals. so if he can realize the danger and waste, it is likely that he may stop smoking at once.to get rid of a bad habit, it is essential that we also have a strong will. let's again take the habit of smoking for example. many smokers pick up the habit again soon after they give it up. a lot of them cannot tell how many times they have attempted to give up smoking and how many times they have failed to do so. therefore, it is impossible to get rid of any bad habit if we change our minds constantly
    once.to - This website is for sale! - once Resources and Information.
    This website is for sale! once.to is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what yo…
    • Haha Lyn, looks like you don't like the habit of smoking! Most Chinese men smoke (and many boys take up smoking when they start working so that they can fit in with their superiors and new friends, I understand); so, where would you get a bf (and later a husband!) who don't smoke?! Or would you accept it (and therefore compromise) as your bf (or husband) smokes, as long as he doesn't smoke in the house?! Oh, and maybe you also think if you are married to him, he will love you so much that he'll quit his bad habit for you (as I heard a number of girls say)?! Far from it! The reality is that when a girl is married to a man, he'll start his demands after a while, and later he'll insist to smoke where he likes; and if she refuses, the trouble will start in that relationship or marriage ... But, I absolutely agree with you if you are against smoking, because I hate that habit with a passion! I've picked up much trouble about that in China as I would often complain in a restaurant where there is a sign up on the wall that one can't smoke there, and I see (and smell!) some guys around me lighting up (because they think they can smoke where they like!). Boy, they get so angry with me; I'm surprised that I haven't yet been beaten up by an angry Chinese guy for that!

Interesting that you mentioned the habit to be harmful to one's health, like contracting cancer and heart diseases as a result of smoking (forget about the costs; they don't care about that!). You know, after being here for a few years, I get the impression there is not sufficient respect for life in China as it appears people don't really care if others die (as long as it is not from their own families). For example, in China it is a well-known fact (which the health department of the government is also telling) that more than one million Chinese men die annually from cancer or heart disease being related to smoking. But still they continue that unhealthy habit (probably because 349 million men do not die annually from smoking-related diseases!). But what about the non-smokers being contaminated by the 'second-hand' smoke from the smokers? I read that the smoke from the smokers even cause them (us) greater harm ... A very big problem with this is that governments make too much money from cigarettes (from taxes, and some even own tobacco factories, though under cover-ups of it being owned by companies). Haha, I don't think we would ever win this "war" on smoking; not until kingdom comes!

This reply was deleted.