Replies

• That's right, Hui Ying, that it isn't easy to unlearn bad habits. So, the safest way is not to form bad habits! But I guess that is even more difficult as it is so easy to learn new habits. But, as you said, it is not impossible if we believe we can do it.

• I saw the lonely girl.Just i think,if i am Amily i will give my suport to Joan who is so shy as well as i can do.And i consider that people can't so shy as Joan.We need open to others,then we can make more friends.Aftrer then we can accept a lot of happy from our friends.To the second discussion,i also have some words want to comment.I also have some bad habits.For example,i like alicing my leg,but someone told me you shouldn't do it.it may be let your blood does not flow smoothly.Then i try my best to change it.it is so hard to change our habit.we must pay more efforts to do it.

• Helen, what is "alicing" a leg? I don't find such a word in the English dictionary. Is that a Chinese word? I know you said it is something about not letting the blood flow, but what? Do you mean standing on your head so that the blood drains from your legs? But why would you do that?! Btw, why can't people be so shy as Joan?! Is that not natural behaviour of many students? I think so!

• I'm sorry to know that Joan is so lonely,If I were Emily,maybe I would accept Joan'sinvitation.I would tell her to try to open her heart,because no one can live in his own circulation,anyone need firends even only one.As for the bad habits,I think choosing difficultly is my bad habit,when giving me two choices,I will hesitate which one I should choose and lead to hang up it even miss it,I think it's a so bad habit,it make me lose a lot of opportunities,I decide to correct it ,maybe I should have a srong resolution and be firm to one thing.By doing that ,I can gain plenty of experiences at least rather than miss and miss.A habbit can't be changed in a short time,I must remind myself of correcting it before I do every thing!
    one.as - This website is for sale! - one,internet Resources and Information.
    This website is for sale! one.as is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you…
    • Well Li Yaze, if you can't choose between two choices, what will you do when there are more choices?! So, you are irresolute or waver when you have to choose? Do you still have that problem? Maybe you should ask friends close to you to give you advice on some decisions and then follow their advice to make the decision ...? It may sometimes not be the right advice, but at least you get someone to share the responsibility till you get more used to do it yourself. ;-)

• If i were Emily and had no plans on saturday,i would come to joan's house for a Christmas party.If it is possible,i will call my friends to take part in the party.As for bad habits,everyone has bad habits.It is subconsious.When we realize bad habits,they have been formed.If you want to correct bad habits,you must make conscious efforts. When i was in junior high school,i always fell asleep at Physics class.Of course,i got low marks.I wanted to correct the habit,so every Physics class i standed up till the class ended.
    • You are right about unlearning a bad habit requires conscious efforts, Ying Haiyang. Wow, I admire you for breaking your bad habit in the Physics class when you stood up for the duration of the classes. I can see you have the will power to break any bad habit!

• I think the reason why Joan is so lonely is that she does not have confidence in herself.She is afraid of communicating with others.In fact,I also have the problem.But I am different from her.I have many friends.I am just shy and am still of tongue in front of srangers.
    I have many bad habits,such as stay up late and get up late,like to eat spicy as well as meat,dislike to exercise and so on.It is difficult to break them.
    • Yes, I noticed that you are a shy girl as you are even shy to talk in front of me, Xi Rui! But you don;t have to be shy in our class (or frightened!); the teacher just pretend to be a hard man, but deep inside he is quite a friendly old man! ;-)

Is staying up late and sleeping late, bad habits? Okay, then I guess - if you are correct - that I also have at least two bad habits! Mine I learned during my university days and have never found a good reason to unlearn it! I believe that as long as one gets about 6 to 8 hours sleep, it doesn't matter what time one goes to bed! But of course, if you have an early class, it can become a problem! I was fortunate not to have any early classes this semester! And eating spicy food and meat can't be bad habits either! I personally don't like spicy food and I don't want to eat much meat (veggies are healthier!), but I think eating that is one's preference regarding food. So, enjoy it! Well, if you don't like exercise, that may become a problem ... exercise is good for our health! ;-)

• In my opinion,I have many bad habits.For example,sometimes I become angry easily.And I know this isn't good for my development.So I try to overcome it and try to be calm each time I want to be angry.Another is that I can't stick to doing somthings.when I went to my university and I told myself that I should keep a dairy everyday.But I find I always forgot keep dairy in past year.
This reply was deleted.