Replies

• Haha Xu Yang, you have a bad temper? I can't believe that! I'll have to ask Long Yuan if that is true! Do you think I have a temper? Haha, I know what you will say! You should have seen me when I was younger ... boy, then my temper was really bad! I have calmed down much over the years and worked hard on myself to control this temper! :)  Well, if a diary doesn't work for you, why don't you try using your phone's calender and diary functions (all Chinese students have smart phones these days!)?

• I am angry Joan's classmates' behavior which is impolit to her.At the same time,Emily have a mistake thought,she shouln't have talked Joan.Everyone have some disadvantages,if your friends laugh at your,then did you have a good temper.So Emily should help Joan .
    As far the bad habits,it is likly your shadow in your life and follow you everywhere and everytime.Sometime it maybe control your hole life as a evil.Like me ,I must open my telephone and watch the message when I was awaken every morniong.It become important for my life.Now I try to kick the habits,so I would put it take away me when I go to bed at the evening.
    • Song Guangxia, what's wrong with using one's cell phone as alarm clock in the mornings?! I use mine when I need to get up early as I don't have another alarm clock and I don't have roommates to wake me up! I turn my phone off every night before sleeping, but the alarm clock still works. So, why do you want to kick that habit?! But about bad habits controlling one's life, I guess you are correct. Look at the smokers that can't kick that disgustingly bad habit, even if they try (best is not to even start)! So, if you don't use your phone now to wake you up, how do you get up?! ;-)

• For me, my biggest bad habits bad mood is always facing the people off, although I know this is very wrong, but always not restrain myself, but I will work hard to correct, in time to do so, try to make myself calm down. I think people are social animals, we need friends, need to Communication, always put the isolated himself is wrong, and we should also try to help others, not for the millions of people direction lose thei scale
    • So happy to read your comment, Fang Xue! Really? Do you have bad moods?! Haha, I can't believe that; you are too sweet to be bad tempered, or having bad moods! I'll have to ask Hong Jingjing if that is true! But can I tell you a secret ...?! I was such a moody person with a bad temper and getting bad moods when I was young. Oh boy, and it cost me such hard work to change. Some students still think I have a bad temper, but they don't know how I was before! I think I improve every year! So, if you want to unlearn a bad habit, it is possible; but it just takes much hard work,  perseverance and determination. Ask me; I know! ;-)

•  It seems to me that get rid of bad habits is mainly to discipline yourself. This is a question of will power. I think my willpower is not strong, so difficult to quit bad habits.For exampal, I often buy things they don't have to,then after regret it. I eat dinner usually fast, I often feel pain in my stomach after eating. There are some other. I   also often try to change, but the effect has not obvious, so I want to continue to work hard, strive for the victory over it.  
    • Yes, I have noticed this bad habit from many Chinese students, Sarah, that they eat so fast! I don't think they even taste the food properly! But, on the other hand, I guess they are driven by this strange education system of just study, study, study ... and of course, some students have bf's and have even less time ...!

• In fact, everyone has a bad habit .It is important that whether the bad habits will have a big impact .If it makes our relatives and friends feel uncomfortable, we should break it.
    For this story ,I think a person's character is caused by his life experience .I've also is a very shy girl, I don't like to take the initiative to talk to someone else .
    But this is can't make friend, because you don't have any capital to let others take the initiative to talk with you .So only try to change, take the initiative to talk with the classmates around, slowly you will make a lot of friends.
    • Hong Jingjing, do we really all have bad habits? You don't look like a person with bad habits; am I right?! I can see you are a shy girl, like Joan in our story; that's what makes you special! So, it is good that there are shy people in this world!

The advice you are giving to Joan, do you follow that yourself?! Is that how shy girls make friends? Sometimes others have to reach out to the shy students; like Emily wants to do. But then one should realize that there would always be others that would be jealous and wouldn't approve of it (like Emily's friends). Then one should be strong and stand by one's decision. :)

• (1)If I were Emily, and had no plans on Saturday. I will go to her party. Because Joan is just a little timid , shy, and she was always alone. In addition, Emily 's friends should not refuse.Everyone has their own personality, we should not because of their different character to alienate people,even miss a friend. And, I believe, Emily and Joan can be good friends. Because friends can be complementary and mutual infection.
    (2)I also have my own bad habits. For example when I'm learning,I like pen spinning. Although I know that will distract me, sometimes I can't help. Gradually, I was getting a little too used to it myself. Now, in learning time, I am not deliberately let pen spinning. Experts say it takes three months to form a habit. I believe that as long as I put my heart to change,I will get rid of the bad habit.
This reply was deleted.