Week 12b: Friday, 28 November 2014

Video lesson: Encounters in the UK

We'll watch a 17-minute video twice and answer questions about the studying of English by four foreigners in the UK. If you'd like to view the video, it can be found here: https://www.englishclub.com/esl-videos/index.htm . Click on "The Learning English Video Project". There are 7 videos in this series and the video on the UK is the first one on the new page. If you can't open the lesson worksheet here, you can click on "classroom material" at the bottom of the video page.

P.S. 1. Cai Huibin, if Long Yuan is not reading here before Monday afternoon, would you please ask him to bring us his computer again? Thank you. If I don't forget, I will remind him too.  :)

P.S. 2. You don't have to watch the video if you don't feel like it; we'll watch it twice in class anyway. As long as you comment on the worksheet (there are even questions that you can answer in your comment if you don't know what to write).

uk-class-worksheet.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you for your comment, Zhang Yingying. Not all western countries have this homestay project in place, but I guess one can find such families in many countries (just not so organized as in Britain). Yes, it can help one's interpersonal skills to grow substantially and make one very mature quickly.

• Encounters in the UK tells the story of four girls from different countries who come to Cambridge to study English and live with local families called homestay.In there,the not only learn the English,but also the life.They need to open,not to be shy and scared.they need to adapt the situations.I am compeleteiy agree with it.And I hope that I will have the chance to go to the England in the future.It will be a perfect memory.
    Welcome to Jetty 8 on Debian
    • Thank you for the first comment, Caroline. I hope your dream to go to England will come true one day; it will be an experience of a lifetime (especially if you can do a homestay)! ;-)

This reply was deleted.