Week 12a: Monday, 24 November 2014

Big Town: Students to assume the personalities of the residents of the city of Big Town and tell about their lives. Identity cards would be handed out in class. The second exercise would be to practice giving directions to get to the different buildings in Big Town city.

Big Town game rules.rtf

Bigtown Mapsmall.gif

Bigtown Map.gif

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm so glad to know that we will have a game next class.I think it's a good way for us to relax and learn knowledge the same time.I'm really looking forword to it.

• Have you had a look at the rules of the game? I'll ask you tomorrow to explain the rules to the class; do you agree?!

• Next class we will play a game about residengts' lives.I think playing games in class will improve our English very much than others .Beacuse we can imagine many circumstances during the game.During our talk ,we could practise our listening and speaking skills.So I suppose next class will very interesting. I expect it!
    • I am afraid it may not be as interesting as you hope, Wu Ting; but if your aim is to practice your listening and speaking skills, you may not be disappointed! ;-)

• It is a interesting game ,i like play games , it heard like the games ‘Who is undercover',i like it very much,and i can play it very well .Our next class is going to play this game ? I'm looking forward to playing the game.

• Hope you will not be too disappointed, as it is not such a interesting exercise as the 'Who is undercover' game! But if your aim is to practice your language skills of listening and speaking, then you would get sufficient opportunity, I believe. :)

• To be honest,I have read the rule twice,I don't know whether the game rule is what I understand,but I will try my best to blend into this game,maybe I will choose the children card first,haha,I believe that we will get along better with each other,and think over in English,it's a good way to enhance my spoken English I think.
    • Well, I don't think the game rules are so important. It's mostly there to give some direction. I'll hand the new personality cards out in class. If you prefer a child's identity, just tell me please, and I'll let you have one. The main aim is to take on this other personality and introduce your 'new' self to practice your language skills. So, in that sense it would help everyone who would play along. :)

• I am really interested in this game in next class.So i have seen the rule of this game just now.And i think some of us may have heard this game ago,but almost neither of us played it in English,which is add difficulty in the game but more interesting.And i can merely predict that it will has many funny conditions in the game.I'm really expecting it,haha.And this game has an adwantage that our students will has the opportunity to play with more classmates which we don't have ago.
    In a word,i'm really favor of this game and hope for next class!
    • I still have to decide about how to play the game without too much chaos in the classroom! But, as you say, it may give the opportunity to chat with more classmates which may make it more interesting. I'm not sure whether it is so funny, except maybe for some characters that would be kind of weird (like the aliens!). Let's wait and see!

This reply was deleted.