Week 12a: Monday, 24 November 2014

Big Town: Students to assume the personalities of the residents of the city of Big Town and tell about their lives. Identity cards would be handed out in class. The second exercise would be to practice giving directions to get to the different buildings in Big Town city.

Big Town game rules.rtf

Bigtown Mapsmall.gif

Bigtown Map.gif

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We all are fond of playing games,for we can gain happiness and friendship.Such small games can not only educate our unity and wisdom,but also make us happier and enjoyable.Expecting tomorrow's interesting game,i'll be totally buried in the convivial game.Maybe just for fun,i think we all will be keen on it.
    • Well, it may be sufficiently sociable for you to bury yourself into this exercise! At least I know everyone would practice their language skills if they are determined to do just that as they would surely get the opportunity. :)

• Wow,it's so cool when I heard there will be a game in our next class.You know I love game,at the same time,we can also practice our spoken English.I enjoy playing game with friends,in this way can we apply the study at ordinary times to practice.I'm really forward to the game.

• Well, I'm not sure this is the kind of game you have in mind! But if your purpose is to practice your language skills, then you shouldn't worry in what format it is presented!

• After reading the worksheet,33

After reading the worksheet,I think it is a intersting game and may difficuty to play during us.But we must try our best to do it.There are maps to Big Town containing both large (whole town) and small (central district.)We can practice giving directions to others in Big Town city.that can improve my spoken English and learn how to give others the way.
    • Why does your comment structure look so strange with such a big open space?! Maybe you're trying out a new method?!

After reading your comment, I think you are correct that your spoken English would get good exercise tomorrow - and your listening, if you don't mind to listen to your partner's English! And you can help your partner to find her direction when wandering around in Big Town. ;-)

• In my opinion,this is a very interesting game.And i have read the rules and know it's game for role plays, speech acts, dialogues and other communicative activities.And it will be an interesting way for us to practise speaking English.I'm looking forward to the class.
    • Looks like you understand the rules of the game. So, maybe you should partner with Tiffany tomorrow as she finds the rules a little confusing! But then Lyn and Long Yuan would be unhappy with me! Let's see tomorrow!

• To be honest,i don't very understand how to play the game.And from the replay,i guess we're not relly will play it on the class.I just hope i can totally understand the details of the game through the communication with my classmates in the class.I'm looking forward to English class tomorrow~
    • It is not so difficult, Tiffany! But as you said, it appears that some of your classmates understand the rules and you may learn from them. If we play it as a game, it may not be as exciting as other games. We'll see tomorrow.

This reply was deleted.