Week 12a: Monday, 24 November 2014

Big Town: Students to assume the personalities of the residents of the city of Big Town and tell about their lives. Identity cards would be handed out in class. The second exercise would be to practice giving directions to get to the different buildings in Big Town city.

Big Town game rules.rtf

Bigtown Mapsmall.gif

Bigtown Map.gif

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It is a very interesting game.In this way which is to in turns ask a yes or no question and try to guess their partner's information,if you guessed it you can take the card from your partner. It will be so wonderful that we can practice oral English by playing such a funny game.And I'm curious about the atmosphere of playing the game in class tomorrow.
    • I'm still not sure whether we should try to play the game according to the game rules, or just practice our new identities and talk about our new lives and answer some questions. I'll decide tomorrow. :)

• I hope we can play the game, because it looks very interesting, on the one hand, we can exercise our thinking, on the other hand, we also can improve English through games.
    In fact, I look forward to the second exercise rather than the game,because I have no sence of directions. especially in a strange city, I was even more confused the four corners of the world, I hope I can improve my sense of direction.
    • Well, I am still not sure if we'll do this exercise as a game as it might cause too much chaos in the class. So, maybe we;ll just take on our new personalities and talk about ourselves and answer questions about our lives. And later we'll test our direction skills and hopefully after this you would know where to find the four corners of Big Town, at least!

• Seems to be a very interesting game, I'm looking forward to playing with classmates, I hope I can draw a difficult to guess the role, so that students can't guess it, I can play on the links
    • I'll hand out the new personality cards in class tomorrow. There are a few aliens too; so, if you are lucky, you may get the ID card of one of them!

• At first I can't understand the rule of the game but then at my friend's saying I got it.I have never been played this kinds of game ago.It is a new thing for me and I 'm looking forword playing this game and hope can practic my english.
    Then I want to say that I am Wang Xiaoxu,because of the systom's wrong my friend can't sign out and I can't sign in.
    Corsi | Corso di Mesoterapia Base Master | Corso di Agopuntura Scientifica | Corso di Agopuntura pe…
    Corso di Mesoterapia Base-Master
    • Wang Xiaoxu, what are you girls doing that this thing happens so frequently?! Maybe we must ask the university to put one boy in each room with the five other girls so that they can help you with your computers every day (as boys know how to operate computers)! But I guess it wouldn't work as the boys are so shy!

• I'm looking forward to playing this game very much.I hope my problem is accurate.Because of this, I can find another partner.I can ask more questions.I also very much look forward to seeing my ID card, what should be the role?
    • I will hand out the new personality cards in class. so, don;t worry; you'll get yours (and you may even be an alien as I noticed there are a few in Big Town!).

Thanks again for looking after little, Fang Xue; I am grateful to you for doing that as we must care for one another! ;-)

This reply was deleted.