Week 12a: Monday, 24 November 2014

Big Town: Students to assume the personalities of the residents of the city of Big Town and tell about their lives. Identity cards would be handed out in class. The second exercise would be to practice giving directions to get to the different buildings in Big Town city.

Big Town game rules.rtf

Bigtown Mapsmall.gif

Bigtown Map.gif

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• After i reading attachments ,i feel a little confused .It is said 'whoever was born latest in the year wins'. A is 25 and B is 26,but A loses.Why? B was born earlier than A.So i think A wins .In additon to these ,i am intrested in the game.Though i am doubt that i can express myself exactly.Whatever,i hope the game can run smoothly.
    • A loses because she/he was born later; that's why she/he is younger! But we don't have to use all their rules, We can make our own. The new identity cards (which will only be handed out in class) will have sufficient information to let each one build her/his own life on a few minutes and then talk about this new life. However, if too long, some students may get bored. Hope you are not one of them! :)

• After reading this workbook, I didn't understand what it means. After looking it up in the dictionary, I read again carefully, I find, that should be a very interesting game. Looking forward to tomorrow afternoon classes,I am also looking forward to what is my identity card . Hope to be able to perform well, otherwise, I will affect the atmosphere.
    • I'll hand out the new identity cards in the class. You can be anything from a child at school, a student, a worker, entertainer, or even an alien. Don't worry about the atmosphere; you'll be too busy living out your new personality ...! :)

• When I know that next class we will play some games wity my partner ,I am looking forward to the class.I think these games are so interesting that we will very happy.If we want to win the game,we maybe need some good lucks and memory.
    I only know the left and right,so my sense of direction is so terrible. I will try my best to describe the map.
    • I don't think here would be winners and losers in this game! If you play well, you will practice your listening and speaking skills well and you'll be a winner in a sense; if not, and your listening and speaking don't get enough practice, then ... Okay, and some a little direction practice. I think it depends on each individual student about how much they get out of this exercise. :)

• I am interested in playing games especially in English.I think playing games can improve our English rapidly.And giving directions can practice my sence of direction.Because my sence of direction is so poor.So I think it will be very happy next class.
    • I hope you are right that your English can improve rapidly by playing games! However, this is not a real game, I think. You'll get a personality card and have to study your new character and then describe your life. And we'll test your direction skills a little. Hope you'll not be too disappointed!

• A very interesting game, I carefully read the rules of the game. Not only can the game let us have entertainment together, but also can improve our English skills. I hope I can improve my English of expression, can freely express my ideas, so can make more friends. Tomorrow's class can help me learn more English speaking.

• You are certainly correct in that participation in this exercise would give you ample opportunity to speak the language, and if you are prepared to listen to your partner, also your listening skills! I will hand out the new personality cards in class and if you're creative, you can express your new character in exciting ways. But, it does have the potential that some students may find it boring after a while ... Let's wait and see!

This reply was deleted.