Week 12a: Monday, 24 November 2014

Big Town: Students to assume the personalities of the residents of the city of Big Town and tell about their lives. Identity cards would be handed out in class. The second exercise would be to practice giving directions to get to the different buildings in Big Town city.

Big Town game rules.rtf

Bigtown Mapsmall.gif

Bigtown Map.gif

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think it may be a very interesting game ,and I think tomorrow I will get the most cards in the game,haha.And through the game ,we can practice past tense, present tense and future tenses.Meybe the game is a little difficul to us ,but I am very interested in it .I am looking forward to tomorrow's lesson.
    • No, the game is far from difficult! You just get a new identity card and describe your new character (and if you win a few more). The more you win, the more you talk; so, it depends on you how much practice you want!

• I'm looking forward to my to do in class game, at the same time, I also must prepare, systemic heart to participate in the activitis.May I so far is not particularly clear game rules, but I still will take in the classroom to participate in them, experience the fun.The real and we play together.Through the game, I might learn vocabulary and culture knowledge more
    • Well, through the game it is hoped that you will practice your language skills of listening and speaking more than learning vocab and culture! There is not much vocab in this exercise, except for maybe the name of your new vocation (profession) if you get an identity card of a worker. Okay, and then you must describe to your partner what your job is (if you're not a student or an alien!). :)

• Looks like the game is very interesting, we use the Chinese played the similar games, but play with English should have different fun, I am looking forward to it. Perhaps,The game to give directions to people that for me is a little difficult, because first of all I'm a little disoriented, secondly using in English to guide the way for me a bit difficult, but I will try my best.
    • Well, I hope the little direction exercise would help you giving directions more easily in English as that is the aim of that part of the 'game'. It may not be much of a game; main purpose is the practicing of your two language skills which are mostly practiced in our class. :)

• The game sounds funny.We need judge our partner's identity according to some questions.We can decide which one to decide the question by playing rock paper scissors.I often fail when i play rock paper scissors.So wish me a fortune,tomorrow.As for giving directions, I must say my sense of direction is very poor.
    • Yes, that is another way of doing this game; by deciding the next move through 'rock-paper-scissors! Or introduce our own rule of how to proceed to another level, or identity. We'll see tomorrow.

• It's wonderful ! we will play a game next class.I have read the Big Town game rules seriously while it's too long to remember every rule.Thus i have downloaded the text to my mobile phone .From the map, i can see that it is a really vibrant town.What id card i will get in the game? I am a bit look forward  to it.

• Well, depends whom you like to be - you may even be an alien if you prefer that role! Yes, Big Town has about as much energy as Xingcheng and I think you would like this city! :)

This reply was deleted.