Week 12a: Monday, 24 November 2014

Big Town: Students to assume the personalities of the residents of the city of Big Town and tell about their lives. Identity cards would be handed out in class. The second exercise would be to practice giving directions to get to the different buildings in Big Town city.

Big Town game rules.rtf

Bigtown Mapsmall.gif

Bigtown Map.gif

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There is not the third attachment in the QQ group.Does it affect our game?Mybe we can look at the picture by projector tomorrow or let Cai Huibin upload it to us tonight?
    The person with strong memory must be better at the game.We also have some similar card games,but I just heard.
    I'm also looking forword to practicing the second exercise,because I don't want to be lost abroad.HaHa~~
    • I am not sure what Sarah uploaded for the class. I gave her the game rules and one map. The third attachment I sent her is for Friday's class. But don't worry about getting a map of Big Town; I'll bring copies to the class. Well, those students who want to improve their skills, would do well as they have to take up their new personality (which I will hand out in the class) and tell about themselves and answer some questions. And of course, later we'll also test your direction skills (so that you don't get lost in your new city!). :)

• Teacher,i return to see the rule.Then i realise that i am mistake.Now,i really understand it.Such as,if we guess the people who is coming we beat him or she.If not we will continue the game.
    • Well, as long as you don't beat one another physically, then it's okay! But I guess you mean "beat" like in a race, right?! I'm still not sure about how we'll "play" this as our classroom is very small and the chairs are fixed. Wait and see! ;-)

• Hi,It takes me a lot of time to understand the rule of the game we are going to play,and,after I finally understand what the game will be like,I'm really look forward to it.At first,I think it maybe easy,but it will gradually became difficult and we must be very intelligent.Besides,to find the way in Big Town,we must be very fimilar with the directions,but,it's so pity that I can't tell the north or south and west or east in my daily life,so I think it maybe a little difficult for me to find the way on the map,but I will try my best to win the game.^-^
    http://it.At/
    • It is not difficult! I will hand out the new personality cards in the class and you must just get used to your new character and act as if you are another person (or another being, as some are aliens!). Then you talk about yourself and your new life. And later we'll test your direction skills (if you know where is nan men (da men kou) at Liao Gongda, and bei men (to Shoushan) and dong men (wang qiu chang houbian), then your direction would be good! ;-)

• I am looking forward to playing the game -Big Town,after I saw the rules that I think it may be a intersted game.The game could test people's reaction and remember ability.And the big town map have a good plan,if our countries' towm have the same plan
    • Let's hope you would like what we'll be doing. It may be boring to some students, but I still think it would practice your oral skills sufficiently. When you're finished talking about your new personality, we'll test your direction skills!

• I like piay games,just like "who is the spy" this kind of game.We should keep talking,use our brain to find the bad guy.We also should hide ourselves to make others trust us.About the game we will piay tomorrow,I was so excited and look forward.I think I can play well.But I am worried about the directions.Beause my directions are really poor.
    • This is fortunately not a 'spy game'; so, you don't have to be clever! I'll hand out the personality cards in class and each one has to study their new character and take part as that 'new' person (there are aliens too!). I'm not sure about playing this game effectively; I still have to think about it!

This reply was deleted.