Week 11a: Monday, 17 November 2014

On a Plane: Discussing aviation vocab and dialogues. You have to look at the worksheet to comment. Students, please stop looking at the previous comments from your classmates and give an original comment (your own thoughts). Thank you. Cai Huibin will forward you the attachment if you can't see it here.

M - W11a - Discussion - On a Plane.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• From this passage,i learn that evryone has his advantages,and the same to the job.Every job should be respected,for we can't be professor in every aspect.Such as boarding.When we take planes,we should listen carefully to what the workers say.they have many knowledge that we don't have.By communicating with them,we can get what we need and make all of us convinience.
    Index of /
    • Gina, the people working in the airplanes would be offended if they know that you call them 'workers'! Why did you not use some of the vocabulary of the lesson when describing them? We refer to them as the cabin crew (the captain, who is also the pilot, his co-pilot, and the stewardesses, or flight attendants).

• The dialogue was between MR Zonzalez and Flight Attendant.MR Zonzalez asked some questions how to get Row 10.Flight Attendant answered him patiently.He asked what he could drink.And some about his carry-on bag.From the dialogue,we can see some rules when taking a plane.
    • Ying Haiyang, there is much more to this lesson than the dialogue on page two and three! I hope you took note of the many new words and that you also used your dictionary to learn something!

• The dialogues around flight attendants and a couple let I can't help but imagine up the picture in my mind,from their boarding to choices for drinks. Fortunately,I found that it helps me a lot to understand the whole process,especially when I lost in some aviation vocabs. After reaing twice times,I list the words that I don't know or I'm not very sure. Actually ,the exerice behind the dialogues are very helpful for me to digest and keep them in mind. In the end,I really hope that I can use the content of dialogues oneday!
    • I'm glad if you think this exercise would help you one day, Liu Weifang! That is exactly the purpose of the lessons; to help students when they would need some vocabulary in different situations (and in this case, when they board international flights to travel abroad one day). You can rest assure, one day you would get the opportunity to use it; it may just take a little while, but the opportunity would come your way! :)

• I‘ve taken plane for several times.and when I took the flight from Chongqing to Shenyang,we (my brother and me)got some trouble and the plane shaked for almost 20 min.it seemed we've catch a bad weather.At the end,we took off in Jinan airport waiting a good weather.What a struggle when I finnaly got my university.At last I wanna say,no matter what vehical we take we should read the safety instruction carefully,maybe once that little attentiion could save our life.
    • Okay, so you and Xu Yang are used to flying, Long Yuan?! You are very fortunate as many students live further away than Chongqing (like in Fujian), but they can't fly and have to travel by train. So, your plane experienced such violent turbulence that it had to land at Jinan airport? Wow, that must have been serious. I have experienced turbulence many times flying to or from South Africa, but never it was that violent. They say it is not dangerous for planes, but just very inconvenient and frightening for the passengers. Maybe your captain of that flight just took some precautions, or maybe he was very worried and decided to take the safest option. I guess he was right, as it is better to be cautious than sorry afterwards! Btw, that is good advice you are giving here!

• From the passage I know many knowledge about plane.Such as after you get up the plane,you‘d better read the safety card in the pocket of the seat for directions.And the bags have limited,one can go underneath your seat,but the surplus have to be stowed in the overhead compartment.And the same to the car,we should take the saftt-belt to protect ourself.

• Haha, Guo Hongtai, the safety belts in cars are much more important than those in the planes as in the planes you only have to use them when the plane takes off or lands, but in a car one has to keep it on during the whole duration of a journey! Of course not all people put those belts on in their cars, but on a plane they are forced to do it (and if they refuse, the aviation authorities would take stern action against them). I can see you would be a good passenger one day as you already know what you should do!

This reply was deleted.