Week 11a: Monday, 17 November 2014

On a Plane: Discussing aviation vocab and dialogues. You have to look at the worksheet to comment. Students, please stop looking at the previous comments from your classmates and give an original comment (your own thoughts). Thank you. Cai Huibin will forward you the attachment if you can't see it here.

M - W11a - Discussion - On a Plane.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• The aviation vocab and dailogues by the flight attendant talked with the passanger that described flying's progess,but the talk have diffent with me ,when I go to air,there no something progess,Our china's flight company,they just by the broadcast tell the passanger these progess,but the fligt's food is complimentany,However the food kinds is very little.what's more ,the fligt time always put off.
    • So, Song Guangxia, you have flown in a plane before, right?! Your comment is not very clear, but I think that's what you are telling us. I have flown with Dragon Air quite a few times from Beijing to HongKong and so far the service and conduct of the Chinese cabin crew was always quite professional. I am not sure about other Chinese airline companies. Yes, and the food and drinks are always complimentary on all airlines as it is included in the expensive flight tickets!

• In this pasage I know some of the new words.And know some things that may happend on airplane.In my view the experience of take a plane may be very interesting!But I don't have one time to do it still now.Maybe in the future I will have the chance do that.And I'm looking forword that day's coming.When I am a child ,I dreamed to be a witer on plan but now it only can be a dream ~~

• Wang Xiaoxu, long, long ago, we all thought of the profession of flight attendant as a waitress on a plane! But it has changed! Nowadays, the profession of flight attendants are very sought after and as the supply is so abundant (many girls dream of becoming a flight attendant), only few girls (and some boys too, of course ..!) get accepted as they make the qualifications more difficult. But, if that was your dream once, you don't have to abandon the dream! You can still become a flight attendant if you put your heart into it! Yes, it won't be that easy as, amongst others, they tend to take mostly tall girls (and unfortunately you are not so tall ..!), but if one has a dream ... it may become true if you are determined! :)

• When I read the dialogue,I also want to take a plane to engoy the all things. Though I had not take to a plant, I learn many. For expmle, we can put pags on the seat in front of we,or in the overhead compatment . And so on. But somewhere I can`t understand befor I look up the words in the dictionary. I should accumulate more words to enrich myself.
    • Zhao Ziwei, you spelled seven words incorrectly. I know oral English isn't about spelling, but my experience have taught me that when a student takes care of her writing, her speech also gets better as she cares more. Try it out; I know it works! And I agree, you need to extend your vocabulary if you want to speak English more fluently.

• I have read this dialogue. There are a lot of unfamiliar words there. Although I have no chance to take a plane,I learned a lot of aviation vocabularies and aviation etiquette from the conversation. The flight attendant really have the patience. When we on a plane, it is necessary to put our luggage orderly and fasten the seatbelt. At the same time,take the flight attendant's ideas.
    • Xu Heyun, your chance would come sooner or later to fly for the first time! I was already 26 years old before I flew for the first time and only twenty years later I flew for the third time. So, flying doesn't happen frequently, but one day you would get that opportunity to fasten your seat belt! ;-)

• After I read the dialogues,I learn a lot of aviation vocabs which I never know before.I'm so glad that it broads my eyes and enhance my knowledge about aviation.As for the substance,I think the fight attendant was so nice and patient.what impressed me deeply is when the passenger asked him all kinds of questions,he anwsered carefully and detailed.In our daily life,there are fewer servers who can do that,maybe they will meet and receive many people everyday,they have been bored and tired,but in my opinion,It's easy to smile to others,it can not only make other people comfortable but also ourselves.
    • Li Yaze, I am glad to learn that your new knowledge of aviation vocab has broadened your view! So, next time you fly, you would know what to ask your flight attendant! Btw, flight attendants are usually well-trained and they are also trained to be patient and always give detailed answers to passengers. Their goal is to make all passengers as comfortable as possible as most flights take long and it would be safer for everyone on board when the passengers are happy!

This reply was deleted.