Week 11a: Monday, 17 November 2014

On a Plane: Discussing aviation vocab and dialogues. You have to look at the worksheet to comment. Students, please stop looking at the previous comments from your classmates and give an original comment (your own thoughts). Thank you. Cai Huibin will forward you the attachment if you can't see it here.

M - W11a - Discussion - On a Plane.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• From the aviation vocab and pienty of short dialogues.I think different people in different jobs have diffreent skills,But what is the most important is that you should try your best in the job,just like the people in the dialogues.we should be patient.
    • Caroline, you were so lucky ...! I was wondering why your comment hasn't come in yet ... And now, looking at this late comment (a rushed one), I can see clearly that it doesn't help to make such a late comment as you could not have gone through the lesson material in detail. I hope you would do your comment earlier next time and convince me that you really know what the lesson content is about.

• After read the content of worksheet about aviation,I learn a lot new vocab and knowledge about flying that i don't know before.I think it will be much helpful for our future flight.Becaues I haven't take an airplan yet.I think today's lesson will give me more comment sense and make me more comfortable when taking airplan.
    • I am glad to read you sound so positive about what you may learn in this lesson, Men Yaqiong. It is exactly meant to be that way! Many students haven't seen the inside of a plane yet, and as you rightly mentioned, this will give them a little more common sense about flying one day. Yes, domestic flights would be no problem as they speak Chinese on those flights, but some of you may take international flights one day and hopefully this would then be of assistance to you.

• By reading this article.through this passage i think i was very short of the vocabulary . i known a lot of world about plane , I don't have flown in an aeroplane,this passage let me known a lot about take a plane ,for example ,When the plane takes off, we need to fasten your seat belt.

• I hope you use your dictionary to explain the vocabulary to you, Li Xinlan! Only in that way would this lesson mean something to a student. I was already 26 before I flew in an aeroplane for the first time; so, be patient, your opportunity will come sooner or later.

• After reading this dialogue .I was moved by the steward . Thought there are some words i need to lookup in the dictionary.Airline stewardess praised by people all the time .Because of there bovine serve manner.And i hoop every one can do that when other people ask us questions .
    • Lily, I was impressed with some of your comments in the past, but it appears to me that you don't take much care any longer when doing your comments; am I right? You don't have to reply; just think about why I would say that. Oh, and btw, "bovine" is not a good word to use in the context you used it here. A word like 'professional', 'calm', or 'patient' would have been correct.

• After reading the short dialogues ,i konw some knowledge of taking a plane,and how patient and polite the flight attendant is.Although there are many crashes at present,i still believe our workers have try there best to serve us,like assuring our safety mostly,help us as more as possible,and so on,which we should be greateful for what they do for us.
    • Jiang Dan, why do you think there are many plane crashes lately? How many do you know about that happened this year? I will not be surprised that you only know about two ...! If I am right, it means the two Malaysian Airline planes that went down, right? But those were not ordinary accidents. One was illegally shot down in a war in one country (and it is a war crime to shoot at a civilian plane) and it should have never happened. And the other one should, according to overwhelming evidence, also never have happened was it not for interference by someone in the cockpit (presumably the pilot or co-pilot) who turned off the radar to track the plane. Nowadays flying by plane is more safer than ever before in the history of world aviation! Did you know that? ;-)

This reply was deleted.