Week 10b: Friday, 14 November 2014

(1) Man Overboard: Role plays in 7 groups of 6 students.

Please read the content of the lesson before you comment.

(2) News by Tara: The students who didn't leave comments this week, will be asked first to tell us the news. Please sum the news report up in your own words (after you have hopefully listened to it several times). You know now where to find Tara's news (it is in the 'Learn English for learners' section under 'Listening').

M - W10b - Man overboard.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't think this kind of situation is ethical,no one deserve to die ,each person has the chance to be survived,we should never ever strip of the life which is not belongs to us.People are selfish ,when emergency happens ,they hardly choose sacrifice for others ,so this game is reflect of humanity, and mirror the worth of perple's life on the other hand.I have to show my selfish in this role play,I choose multi-millionaire and the widowed mother drowned,multi-millionaire has nothing but money comparing life money is far more insignificant,children of widowed mother have no one to take care of them ,but survivor could promise that they'd do that for her .
  • After listenling the new,we shouldn't have different attitude people,Everyone have the same chance to do the job,the employer shouldn't hire the teacher ,just because she is Ireland.He should more notice the teacher's education level,wheter her give the stedents konwledge,
  • I will tell the others I was a singer.Because I want to go to some other places to perform so appear on the ship.On the boat, I will say to the others: I can give you joy, let you reduce the psychological pressure in the process.
    If there must be two people sacrifice, I will choose multi-millionaire and amateur sailor.Because I think that multi-millionaire have enjoyed more than other people.The amateur sailor is not confident, not only bring benefits to other people, will pass this negative psychology to other people.
  • I will listen to the news again and again until I can understand it accurately.
    I means teachers can drink when they join a party but they should be banned form drinking in schools and universities.The friends will be more closer by drinking in our culture.Maybe it's hard to change,but if teachers spread this thought to students the culture will harder to change.
    Thank you for pointing out my mistake.It's good for my English learning.
    MISTAKE.IT
    • Thank you for the reply, Shelly. You said that friends would be more closer by drinking here. So, does that imply that if there are some people who do not want to drink, that their friends would reject them (or at least their friendships would be harmed)? And what about visitors who don't believe the drinking is right ...? Does the Chinese culture about drinking then implies that such people would be rejected and discriminated against? I know the answer, because it is often happening to me, and you may feel ashamed (on behalf of your people) if I tell you what the men's general attitude is toward someone who does not take part in cultural habits that go against his beliefs .. ;-)

• Firstly, I'm really sorry for my comment.I agree that it's so late and simple.But,what I want to tell you is that I looked the attachment before I wrote this,not because most other students here chose them. Next,I asssure that it won't appear this problem.Finally,I am willing to prove.
    • Thank you, Liu Weifang; I'm taking note of your reply. ;-)

• I listend the passage several times.It's about an Irish teacher denied job due to"alcoholism" in seoul.In my view,these scenes were happen everywhere.Discrimination can see in different countries nowadays.We can't stop it,but it's unfair.Peopie should know that we are the equai.
    http://times.It/
  • I am a sailor.I think that i must survive.Because only i know how to navigate safely to dry land.By this way we all can get our life.I can let the remaining people live.As far as i am concerned,the pop star and the  millionaire should leave the lifeboat.To the pop star,the reason why she should leave is that if our life lose her we still can meet another person who can play jokes with us and let us feel happy.Then it is the same reason to  millionaire.We should consider all ways so that we can get more effective.

land.by Выставлен на продажу
    Hostfly
    • Helen, when was this comment made?

This reply was deleted.