Week 10a: Monday, 10 November 2014

(1) Discussion: Roommates(2) Enjoy English: The AdoptionYour comments would have 2 sections, one for each of both lessons (mention at least one point or issue of each lesson). You have to look at the worksheets before you comment.

M - W10a - Discussion - Roommates.pdf

M - W10a - Enjoy English - The Adoption.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wow Amy, you've been away from your family for so many years! But I guess it make you stronger, and as you mentioned, they eventually became your family too. I guess that helped you not to miss your biological family too much!

Yes, I also get very upset with parents that abandon their children. A parent should never ever do that to a child. No reason for abandoning a child is valid in my eyes.

• (1)Our university, most of the students are living in school. For every six people is in a dormitory. My roommates, including Meredith and Sarah, both are very friendly person. I feel it quite good to live in the school dormitory. Because,with the passage of time, we can see from our own lack of roommates. Although contradiction is inevitable,we also learn humility and tolerance. Even gradually, roommates also became close friends.This is a meaningful thing.
    (2)I read the story,the Adoption,I'm so sad. I want to say, if I were the girl, I would be also very entanglements.And perhaps, I would not choose to my biological parents. However,what difficult to choose it.In any case,I want to know why my parents abandon me....In a word,she should appreciate and respect for her adoptive parents.
    • I agree it is meaningful that students share rooms and their lives, Xu Heyun (though I feel six students in a room are too many). They create another family, so to speak, and they can support one another and share the ups and downs of life together.

Yes, I guess it must be a difficult choice. I wouldn't personally want to meet my biological parents if I were abandoned, but of course, I would also like to hear why they abandoned me in the first place ... But, would they speak the truth ...? We'll hear tomorrow what your class says about it.

• As far as I am concerned, the roommates as a small family,Our everyone is the familise' members.We came from different provience.then we may be have diffrent cultures in our life and study and so on.So when we talk with each oter ,there have some trouble,we may be arguee just for a little something.But we share with our food ,bad thing each other at the same time.We get together dinner ,shop,class,Our life are very happy eveyday ,because there are some important familise in my life.
    The story about of the adoption,On the hand ,the girl should meet with her real parents,Although her real parents abandoned her,she can't change the fact that they were give her a life on the word ,So she should appreciate them too.On the other hand ,she should still live with her adopted parents.
    • I agree song Guangxia, that the dormitory life with your roommates is a very important part of university life. I can see wonderful friendships all over the campus being formed because of the students having to share their private living space. It is a good thing. And of course, families care for each other (if I may use Mr Clark's words)!

Well, the issue with an adopted child is not simple. Why do parents abandon their children? Is it acceptable behavior? We'll hear what your class would say tomorrow.

•      Although i read the tasks before every class,i really don't know what comments i should give on the tasks.It seems difficult for me. I don't know that i should give comments about  my opinions,the content of tasks or something else .It confuses me.

As for me ,i like living with others.It is funing ,interesting and beautiful.From middle school to university ,i live with others all the time.Though sometimes there are some arguments and unhappy things happening in dormitory,we care one another and love one another.

About the story of adoption,i think it is really a delimma for the girl.If i were the girl ,maybe i would'nt meet my biological parents .I hope that they don't find me and bother my present life. Maybe i am selfish,but i just want to do the dughter of my adoptative parents.

speeds.it
    • Zhang Min, just comment about the contents of the lesson! If you don't know how, look at the comments of some of your classmates; most of them are doing fine with their comments. :)

Yes, I also think it is a good thing that students can share their lives with a few roommates (though I feel that six roommates are too many as there is not much space in those rooms with so many and it would surely lead to frustrations and friction). It is like another family!

I agree with you completely about not meeting the biological parents. If they'd abandoned the girl long ago, they should accept that and not try to disrupt her life so many years later. No, I don't think you are selfish. I don't think I am a selfish person, and I agree here with your opinion. Thank you for your comment.

• I'm living with 5 pretty girls including Lyn and Katherine.
    All of us are outgoing so we get along well with each other.
    my mother said that my roommates and I are family because they are the closest persons to me in these 4 years.
    I'm glad to tell you that we help each other whenever we have problems.
    I believe that the experience here will be the most valuable treasure in my life and all of us will keep the friendship.
    As to the story of Enjoy English,there is a sentence we can see.
    Adoption is when a child grew in its mommy’s heart instead of her tummy.I couldn't agree with it more.
    So I think the true love of her adoptive parents would not be replaced by the consanguinity.
    • You are fortunate that you get along so well with all five your roommates, Shelly! It appears that not all roommates get on so well and there are often conflict. But I guess it depends how one handles the conflict; it doesn't have to hurt the relationships, but it may even make it stronger. Yes, I guess you would be friends for life as 4 years are a long time to share one's private space with a small group of people.Yeah, I agree that the love of Tiffany's adoptive parents will in the end be stronger than the "blood relationship" (which was non-existing since she was two years old).

• I share a room with my sisters in my home and now i share a room with my classmates.In fact ,i don't care share a room with others.because i am a timid girl.I can't sleep alone.Though there are some troubles for sharing a room.We even have conflics sometimes.However,i enjoy the life with my roommates.
    I think Tiffany should meet her real parents.But before she meet them she should ask her adoptive parents'advices.She should let her adoptive parents konw she loves them and she wouldn't leave them .
This reply was deleted.