Week 10a: Monday, 10 November 2014

(1) Discussion: Roommates(2) Enjoy English: The AdoptionYour comments would have 2 sections, one for each of both lessons (mention at least one point or issue of each lesson). You have to look at the worksheets before you comment.

M - W10a - Discussion - Roommates.pdf

M - W10a - Enjoy English - The Adoption.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Since my elementary school,i always lived in school with so many lovely roommates.I spent my wonderfui young time with those who sincere treated with each others so that we all made quantities of friends.Although there is no doubt that problems arise between friends,they can be solved easily.We all ought to cherish the friendship built up from roommates.
    It reminds me of one of my friend who has similar lot to Tiffany after read the story of Enjoy English.Both of them have no choics for their story.However,as far as i'm concerned,i hold the view that they are fortunate in the meantime.I think no matter why her real parents deserted she ,she should go to meet her real parents,and of course,she can't leave her adoptive parents.Maybe they can live together happily and peacefully.
  • I was live in school when I was in senior high school,but it not a long time.It's the first time for me to live with classmates for nearly 4 years,I feel fresh and happy.My roomates are very lovely and kind person.Though we come from different parts of China,we get on well with each other.And I think it's good for us to live with others,because it can help us think much more about others before we do things and improve our quality.

TIME.IT - Ora Esatta e Fusi Orari
    TIME.IT il sito dell'Ora Esatta e dei Fusi Orari
  • Before the university life,i have not live a life with romemates,but i alawys imagine about my romemates.Now,we live together for over a year,we shared the space,share our own stories,it make us know more about each other,it make us like sisters,we live together.We love each other more and more. As for myself,I become more independent,mom said I grow up.

• My roommates get alone well.Although we are from different cities and different characters,but we all enjiy the time we live together.we can't imagine what the future will be like,maybe will have some diffculties.We can treat these correctly.We all know what do we mean to each other.
    The story of the girl who was adopted.I don't know wheather she will find her real parents,but her adoptive parents will be truely important to her
  •  Yeah,as the article mentioned,It exists many problems between roommates. Due to different life habits.And we know that,there is actually no absolute justice or equality in the world.We can not consider the interests of all roommates. So we should learn to tolerate other people,learn to share with others.And don't be more care about others'shortcomings.Then we will build a harmonious bedroom atmosphere.
     As far as I am concerned,Tiffany should do what she want to do, frist of all,she should discuss with her adoptive parents about meeting her biological parents.then visit biological parents after getting permission.And ask them why them abandoned child.Maybe after knowing the reasons, Tiffany could try to forgive her biological parents.Tiffany will live with her adoptive parents because they are so nice and they raised her up as their own daughter. Nothing can change their feelings for more than ten years !
  • I like to live with a lot of people, because they bring me much happiness. We can chat、 play and go shopping together. It is inevitable that we also have differences, but also will have a quarrel, but we can successfully solve, because we are friends.
    If I were that girl, I will go to see my real parents, because they gave me life. But before then, I'll tell my adopted parents this decision.if i continue to contact with my real parents,it is depended on my adopted parents attitude, because they raised me for so many years, I must respect their wishe
    • I think you are right in that Tiffany should acknowledge her adoptive parents in all her decisions regarding her contact with her biological parents. They probably loved her as much as one would expect one's real (biological) parents would love their child. So, they must always have first priority over her as they brought her up. But is it really necessary to meet the biological parents ..? We'll hear later today what your classmates think about that.

• Actually,it's my first time to leave home from the south of China to the north without my parents and live in dormitory.Regardless of dispute or happiness we had though one year in our unviersity life,it will be the most wonderful and memorable memory around me in the future,no matter when and where.
    To the second topic,in my opinion,it's a common dilemma which Tiffany had around the person who was adopted.If I was one of them,I'd like to meet real parents in a complex mood.However,it's most the final decision that I will live with my great parents who adopted me.
    • I agree that having roommates is essential for students who have been so used to living with their families, Liu Weifang (especially coming from so far away, like you). Those roommates then become very much like family and can stand with you through all circumstances, the good and the bad.

• Hi,I am sorry to give a comment too late,because there so many things this weekend,but I will make it earlier next time.Now,when it comes to roommates,I first think of Helen,who has learned English with me since last year,and my other roommates also accompany me in another ways.I have naver lived with others before,so when I first entered university and slept in our dorm,I felt really fresh and excited,after long time's living with each other,I found that I can't leave them any more so that I can never think about how it will be like when we have to face the day we say goodbye to each other three years later.We now are tring our best to value the time we all here.

Then ,the girl in the text,I think she should meet her real parents at least,no matter what they had done for her,it's really true that it's they who brought her to this world,maybe it's because some neccessary reason that lead to their abandened of the girl.If I were her,I will go to meet my real parents,and try my best to make good relationship with them,but I will choose to continue living with my adopted parents, I just want the girl be happy.That's all.

This reply was deleted.