(1) On Wednesdays we will spend the first 5 minutes of the class to listen to Tara's news item for the week. You can use the news item of the previous week or the latest item which Tara posts every Monday evening.

Ke Song, Wu Meng, Huang Guodong, Xie Zhengfeng: Like last week, this image would remind you that there is an obligation on you to listen to Tara's news item. I don't want to hear any excuses again please.

(2) Short intonation practice

(3) Friendship discussion in small groups.

TP_Friendship.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes Zhang Qian, I also feel that friends should have some things in common to ensure a good friendship. I'm not sure whether all the students understand that quote about one's friend still liking you despite knowing all about you, but I think that is also very true of a strong friendship.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Li Zhiping, thank you for your comment. But you must try to use more care when doing the comment so that it reads more fluently. Thank you.

• Haha, I'm not so sure about that one Tony ... choose between friend and lover ..! Remember your lover can also become your best friend! So, choose right! In the western countries, husbands and wives normally also become best friends after marriage. That's how it was meant to be from the beginning. It is sad that, as you mentioned, many husbands and some wives have extramarital affairs (normally the rich and famous, and of course, the powerful ...) and they don't regard the other as the most important in their lives any longer (as it is supposed to be).

• Of course Yang Yujia, one must care for your friendships and look after it like caring for the seed and then the flower. It can't exist without the care! But I am not sure whether I agree with you that one should keep secrets from your friends! If I have a friend and I know he is honest with me and share his life with me, I will do the same and I think that would strengthen the friendship. But if I know he's withholding secrets from me, I know he doesn't trust me. Can I then trust him ..?!

• hi,john. you said right.if we decide to learn english ,we should be serious. i like to listen the news on the web.that can help me .but my spoken english is not good ,so sometime i can not express it very well .i will try my best to do  it better .english is a way that combine every person . i get it .  i will be better .

• If your spoken English is not very good, Zhang Cong, it shouldn't keep you from writing relevant comments. So, remember next time to start writing about the content of the lesson, please!

• Yes, a friend in need, is a friend indeed, Han Zeyue; you just describe it in more descriptive words ... "when in trouble, friends will ... remove the barriers for you"! So true about true friendship. And in happy times, we share our joy. 

• Friend is very important for everybody.There is so many statements in history about friends---For example,friends can make happiness double and sadness half(Marcus Tullius Cicero).Another example,I can know how good are you from see what your friends are(Aristotélēs, In Chinese is YA LI SI DUO DE,Hope you that are studying Chinese can know what is that.)So,we can know the importance of friendship what important in our life from these great words.I'm very looking forward to discussing this problem in tomorrow class.You are so sweet for you've chosen this objection for us.

• Yes, I know about Aristotle, the Greek philosopher, Wang Lei (any guy that's been to a foreign school would know about him!). But what I think he meant with that, is that one can know a person by his friends, meaning, by looking at what kind of friends you have, one can determine what kind of person you are! Yes, friendship is important, but not only because Aristotle and Cicero said that!

• Nice comment, thanks Annabel. But I don't understand something ... you said you talk with many foreigners here on this website, and some became your friends. So, you made me curious and I went to your profile to see all your new friends ...! So, now I don't understand! :)

This reply was deleted.