(1) Music lesson: "Ka-Ching" by Shania Twain.

P.S. Would Li Xiupeng and Xiao Hao again be so kind and bring your sound systems to the classroom please?! I have the music on a USB memory stick which I will bring along. Thank you. [Pse warn me at least a day before class if you can't help out!]

(2) Group discussion about holiday highlights and disappointments.

Note:

This is our first lesson for the new semester. We will continue with the same concept as on the other website and for all your comments, you would be allocated one mark (one percentage point) towards your final semester score. This time the total score for EC comments would be 20 marks.

Please submit your comments BEFORE each lesson as the purpose of this system is to encourage you to go through the lesson material before we have the lesson. I am not going to consider your comments if done after the lesson of any specific day (though you are welcome to comment after the lesson again, but your marks would only be for comments prior to the week's lesson). Students' command of English is not good enough to attend the class without being prepared for the lesson. Diligent students would use this opportunity to improve their language skills.

Finally, I am only going to discuss the website comments with you in the first class. Thereafter it is up to you what you decide about participation on this website. Students that don't participate at all, can't expect to pass this semester. And students that don't comment regularly, should not expect to do well this semester. I am doing this to help my students. If you don't want to accept my good intentions with this initiative, I can't help for that. But I trust that you would be sensible enough to make use of another opportunity (as you get here) to secure yourself a better future. :)

LOTS_OF_MONEY_AND_THINGS_SS.pdf

[]Ka-Ching-Shania Twain.mp3

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Oh,John.In the first,I'm pleasure to say my thing happy or sad in the vacation.I have very much things to say.Secondly,this song is not bad.It's style I like.FInally,I must say.The new website is so excellent.I can remark your class on my phone since you used this website as our platform.Thanks you for all you've done for us.You're a responsible teache.
  • Hello, teacher. I'm glad to meet you again this semester. I'm looking forward to this semester courses. An improved semester in class last term, this semester I will be more efforts. I know the comment is can improve my  English, I also will be more efforts to review. This web is very good, I'll make good use of. Oh. I listened to this song, super nice, I like very much, thank the teacher's recommendation.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Glad you have good intentions for this semester about English, Zhang Qingbao! I have also read two books this holiday ... but mine were in English! What about yours ...?! :)

• Glad to hear that, Li Zhiping! But this website is much easier to access that the other one, because the administrators (Josef and Tara, and some others) are frequently on the website and can fix problems quickly when necessary. Use this site now for your own benefit; you will never regret it.

• Yes Shirley, there are many such schemes like the Sanlu one that are still going on today. People want to make money as fast as they can with no regard to other people. I don't see it will stop. It appears to me that the world's people get worse by the day. Sorry to hear about the bus episode. China has so many people and with so many migrants moving to the city, many people still acts uncivilized as they don't know how to respect others. As long as we don't also become like that and allow them to drag as down to their level. We must make a difference wherever we go. :)

• Good comment, thank you Wendy. Yes, every coin has two sides! And in this case, it is good to follow that Chinese saying and move away from the popular (the extreme) perception that money and wealth is all that is important ...

• Thank you, Yi Xizhuoma, for your comment. I hope your friends from Tibet will follow your good example! ;-)

• I'm glad we have a music class in the first class of this semester.This song tell the truth in our modern life.I think we live in a materialistic and greedy world,many people lost of and lost in things and money.People always have so much desire.One person buy things even needn't and don't know why .The society is a large vat,teaching people especially youth what is money worship.So when the society's value is that money is success,almost everybody to earn as much as possibly,and buy as expensive as possibly.By these things and money to proof they're living better than others.But maybe this kind of behavior only in order to gain others' identity.But It will never stop.People use their life to struggle in money,but may not happiness.And loan consume is popular in all over the world,Chinese are enjoy it more and more,I can't say what is good or bad,just more choices,more laugh.

• Yes, Ren Zhihong, I agree, the people of today chase after money more and more and this is the message for the youth too ... "get more money, get good jobs for more money; money and wealth is everything; etc". And there is nothing we can do about it; the new generations are growing up in this 'money-race' and they think it is normal. But happiness doesn't lie in money and wealth ...

• Indeed.Money is necessary,but happiness is more valuable.

This reply was deleted.