Replies

• Well, if you are a car driver tomorrow, Xiang Balazhen, I hope you would obey the traffic rules and not make your own rules as I notice many Chinese drivers do in real life! Maybe you should be one of the witnesses as it would be safer .. :)

• I am so sorry to hear that the double landslide in a remote village in northeastern Afghanistan,there are 200 0 people lost their lives during this disaster  ,including the rescuers.I find out that in recent years ,there seem be plenty of disaster happened.Natural disaster has great power,we have no enough strength  to resist them.It is very sad,if when the disasters coming ,we are poor.

About the role play ,it is on car accident,in my own view,because of the careless of drivers ,there are so many accidents happening.So if you are a driver ,when you are driving ,you must be careful enough and pay all of your attentions to the situation of the road.Place the passersby into the first place.

When we do the role play ,it can help us use the English more fluently ,and we can have the  chance to think of problems in the English way.we can change our Chinese expression  into English.And the more I say ,the more flexible I use the English.

• This reply was deleted.
    • I agree with you and Zhang Fang that it is wrong and immoral to do what those old people do (and even younger people too). It is their fault that many people these days would turn their heads and look the other way when the see people in need, even when some of them really need help. One can't blame those other people then for not helping. And you are right, it's a bad thing in China and gives a very bad impression of China to the world as many of these cases get reported on the world wide web (www) these days (the police can't keep the news from within China secretive any longer). I wonder when China would learn and get things right ..

• Yes, and seeing that you are such a good actress lately, I guess you may just make the play more interesting to the class 1 audience (like Su Xu in class 2)! :)

• Reply to the reply that you've given to me:

I'm very chuffed to tell you I have solved that problem in yesterday afternoon.

The method provided by Tony doesn't work to me.

I think leading to that situation could be various reason and that method can't solve all cases.

But I have found another way to solve it.

It's a called "DNS".

Maybe you don't know what is DNS.

Actually I don't know what it is too.

I even asked for help in the website called 'BAIDU'(It's similar to Google.It's Chinese Google.)

There is a lot of all kinds of experts in there.

Then I described my problem on it.

Later a man told me what should I do and I did it by his way.

It's very perfect website,isn't it?

But I don't know whether there is a English website like it or not.

If have a one,can you tell me the URL?

If I can use this kind of English website.

It will be very useful for my English learning.

Oh,please don't say that you appreciate me for my behavior.

That is my obligation.

Moreover,I'm not as good as you said.

And,I will do my best in your class with pleasure.

Reply to tomorrow class:

I have checked the attachment.

And I think that will be very interesting.

By the way,that maybe can have some aid for my driving license.(Haw-haw,You know I'm getting driving license with my best efforts.)

If I have the opportunity to choose,I want to be the policeman.

Because I think the role should be the most interesting.

And once I regard policemen as my idol.

Hope that will come true.

See you tomorrow,John.

• Well Wang Lei, I'm still impressed with you for making such a smart plan to ask help via the Baidu website! Pse tell Tony about it too as it may be of help to him in future too! No, as Google doesn't operate in mainland China, I do not have an alternative. I use different search engines which are linked to Yahoo, Bing, and so on. But Baidu is much better (though unfortunately only in Chinese!). About tomorrow's class ... You can't be the old lady as you are a boy, but maybe you can act as the rich Rolls Royce owner (as long as the police don't find out that you do not have a driver's license yet!). Oh, I see now you want to be the policeman; maybe that'll be a safer option for you seeing you still do not have a driver's license! :)

• Wendy, even if some people did pray, one can't pray for dead people as nothing can be done anymore. Prayer is meant for when people are alive, but people don't care about that. Strangely, they quickly think about prayer when they're in trouble. Yes, sometimes a landslide is a natural disaster, but when people have destroyed the trees and vegetation, then they are indirectly responsible for the disaster themselves. In this case, it appears that the Afghan people were not necessarily the guilty parties, but amongst others, the Russians and Americans (and others) that nearly destroyed that country through two separate wars. Thanks for the comment; not perfect, but a good effort. :)

• Zhang Fang, why did you mention the song ("Make do rock")? I don't understand? Yes, many people (not only old people) are acting dishonestly and immorally when they have accidents (sometimes falling by themselves) and when others help them, they falsely accused them of wrongdoing. I don't think it is 'ripping them off', it is pure dishonesty and shows how morally corrupt people can get. And as you mentioned, it has now resulted in that people don't want to help others when they really need help. It is as if the Chinese society has lost her heart ... really.

• Wang Fei, I can see that you and Lusia are probably both practicing English about daily as I can hear improvement from both of you. You make the teacher's heart happy! And I think you must have enjoyed today's role play as there was a lot of laughter from your corner of the classroom. I hope you benefitted from today's exercise.

• I guess you are right about why it happened. The country is virtually being destroyed by the last two wars (first the Russians and then the Americans) and by drought. So, when the rain came now, there were basically no trees and other vegetation to keep the earth stable and it just gave way. So sad; they have already lost so many thousands through the wars ...

This reply was deleted.